Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Passing a space "\ " in a variable for a sh

Hi all, Yep it's time for my daily question. This one should be easy!! We rename all our startup disks X. So I've written a little script to do this. It's basically; sudo -u $AdminUser -p $AdminPassword diskutil rename $CurrentVolumeName $NewVolumeNa...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update: Auto reboots from Safari 4.0.5 update?

I created a policy similar to our Apple updating one and removed check for Apple updates and have instead make it install PGP Desktop which requires a reboot. So substitute one action for another but both require a reboot. Set to 600 minutes. The PGP...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

7.2 - Smartgroups not updating

Has anyone noticed that smart groups are not updating instantly after updating to 7.2 when a machine matches the criteria of the group? If I go in to edit the group, it updates, but not automatically. Paul AustinEnd User Computing Wells Fargo Corpora...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manually Assign IPs with Autorun?

Hello, Has anyone ever successfully manually assigned an IP address to the airport of a Mac with Autorun settings when imaging with Casper 7? I am working on a 10.6 image to push out to several laptops, but I'd like to manually assign an IP to the ai...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto reboots from Safari 4.0.5 update?

I've noticed an issue on both 10.5.8 and 10.6.2 systems. I have a policy that:- Forces a machine to check for Apple updates and install any if needed- If any of the updates require a reboot, users get a message notifying them of the update, and to re...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS imaging issues

Yep another question from yours truly. I'm having some issues installing 10.6 using the custom OS install options in Casper admin. I've created 3 x OS dmg's, ( one from apple retail DVD, another from mac dev center & a third from a core i7 iMac DVD)....  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging Macbook 6,1's

Greetings all. I've got sixty white, unibody Macbooks that will be going out shortly and I've found myself stumped over slight... personality issues with them. Regardless of how I prep the image, the result is the same: the Macbook installs the base ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

7.2 update of JSS

Dear all,After updating to 7.2 (happened the same on 7.0 to 7.1) , when using Casper Imaging (7.2) it tells me the Distribution Point cannot be mounted So after restarting the server it worked. Has anyone had the same issue? Is there a more straight ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

raw mysql query source for saved search

So I'm looking to access the data directly in the jamfsoftware db to sidestep some of the clunkiness in the web GUI. A lot of you will probably ask why. I need to generate a report that basically includes the following specs: - search for a given app...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

version 7.2 distribution point replication bug?

I just updated to version 7.2 and when i try to replicate my shares from the master to my distribution points, it will not allow me to select more than one any more. It will replicate the first one, and then error out saying it cannot mount the rest ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hard drives filling?

We had seen this a few months ago, but it went away so I didn't worryanymore about it. However, after turning on a software update policy forsome of our users last week, we're getting lots of machines with HUGE tempfiles that keep growing until event...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

March 2010 Resource Kit Posted

Hey all, We've posted a new Resource Kit to: http://www.jamfsoftware.com/downloads/ResourceKit.dmg This Resource Kit release corresponds with our recent Casper Suite 7.2 release. The most significant change that took place in this release is that mos...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable airport

We just blasted this out via ARD, but I suppose some clever person coulddesign a script to run as a policy. networksetup ­setnetworkserviceenabled AirPort off That did the trick for us. Janice K. HillPC Support ManagerApple Certified Technical Coordi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Airport when Ethernet is active

I would like to somehow automatically disable Airport when Ethernet is the active network connection. And potentially re-enable it when Ethernet is not in use.I already have all my Macs configure with Ethernet at the top of the network service order....  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script parameters/variables when imaging

As you can gather from my previous questions, we're about to deploy a few more machines. Basically, I'll be taking a retail DMG, combo updating & then using a combination of various scripts to set things such as time server, timezone, binding to od g...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin error

Hi guys, I've got a Black Macbook & am trying to create a custom install in casper admin from a new iMac's OS DVD. But whenever I tick the box to tell casper admin I get the message: "The installer could not be run on this computer: Error - " I'm usi...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCX

Is it safe to do this if you're managing MCX in AD or OD? http://www.jamfsoftware.com/kb/article.php?id=259 I assume this setting would "stick" unless overwritten by MCX in AD or OD? Thanks,Don  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Show Plan" broken in 7.2

FYI, confirmed this with JAMF support and have a Defect-ID. When you "Show Plan" it just shows a couple lines, like "install " and "Run Recon" - doesn't show any details like policy trigger, scope, et. al. I use this all of the time just to confirm t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run a script based on hardware

Is it possible to direct a script based on hardware (laptop or desktop)? PGP is only required on our Laptops. In order to help out our Audit team, I'd like a script to first detect if the machine is a laptop; if it's not, it can simply return "PGP WD...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

7.2 tools connecting to 7.1 server

Has anyone experimented with using the 7.2 tools while your JSS server stays on 7.1?I imagine Composer is no problem, but I hesitate to experiment with Remote or specially Admin... Nick Caro Desktop Support TechnicianPhone 212-839-1587 Fax 212-946-40...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scheduled Task question

I want to install iWork on 36 computers today at 3PM. I created a policy that has the trigger of "iwork" and set that to run"Once per Computer" and scoped it to the lab. I created a Scheduled Task for: On the hour3 PMEvery DayEvery Month1 Minute And ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2008 12.2.4 will not install or cache

Trying to deploy the latest Office 2008 update as supplied from MS as an.mpkg fails with an error stating that it has no valid index.bom and thatconsequently it will be treated as a flat package, which it is not.Predictably this fails. /usr/sbin/jamf...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating Tomcat

Our recent security scan detected a vulnerability with Tomcat and naturally, I'm being asked to update. Currently our Mac server has 6.0.18 and 6.0.26 is available. Has anyone updated Tomcat? Any words of caution before I do this? Noah SwansonImaging...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error when pushing out .pkg via Casper REMOTE

Hi, I'm having an issue pusing a package via REMOTE.It installs fine locally or pushing out via ARD. Below is the error message: /usr/sbin/jamf is version 7.1Executing Policy 2010-03-11 at 5:04 PM | admin | 15 Computers...Downloading BOM for 044YE.pk...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors