Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Install login certificate

Hello Everyone, I'm trying to push the login certificate and make it trusted automatically to 600 ++ MacBooks. Can anyone help to post a bash script?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shared Corporate iCloud Drive

In the recent WWDC 2021 Takeaways blog post, there is one line that caught my attention and I am unable to find any other reference to the "Shared Corporate iCloud Drive" that is mentioned. The exact line is as follows: "When a user with a Managed Ap...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Big Sur Login Window Idle time

Does anybody know how to set the login window idle time in Big Sur? My usual profile delivered from my JSS doesn't doesn't touch it. Also, I can't use: defaults write /Library/com.apple.screensaver loginWindowIdleTime [time] I don't want the iMacs in...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Setting Safari BACK to the default browser

Greetings friends, Wondering if anyone has a clever method for resetting Safari back to the default browser. Ideally we'd like to not lock this setting down, just change it when needed via a script, etc. Thank you  View more

• 2 replies
  • 4 kudos

Content Filtering on macOS and iOS

Good afternoon,We are reevaluating our content filter products for our macOS devices and hoping to find a solution that could potentially work with both macOS and iOS devices when students are off-campus. What has worked for schools/districts now tha...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Universal Audio Kext Info

Hi Does anyone have the Bundle ID and Team ID for Universal Audio UAD Driver for Apollo Sound interfaces.I need to release the Kernel Extension in a configuration Profile, but cant get the info until I can release it because the Mac is managed. Cheer...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Proctortrack Settings

Hello, We have a student who is taking an extra class through the school and for his exams he needs to use the Proctortrack lockdown app on his device. I've looked through their system requirements and have approved everything on his machine that is ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to secure Patch-Server

Hi, I'm currently in the works to host my own Patch-Server (https://github.com/brysontyrrell/PatchServer). But I question myself now how to keep it secure.How do you keep your's secure?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

PPPC information for FireEye

Hi Jamf Nation! Trying to setup a PPPC profile to handle those pop-ups users receive for Bitdefender SRL and FireEye, Inc when trying to deploy Fireeye. Any help is appreciated!  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.15.7 software updates issue

Hi All, Has anyone come across issues with the software update tool reporting no updates available on Catalina 10.15.7? Just started forcing Big Sur to cache down to all Catalina devices and I'm finding around half the estate on Catalina 10.15.7 are ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOs Wifi WPA2 Enterprise issue

Hi everyone I'm having an issue regarding an iOs configuration profile.I'm trying to deploy some wifi settings to my users. It's a hidden Wifi network with a WPA2 Enterprise security.The username field is set with "$username".The password field is le...  View more

b16694d17a9f4201ab26f6cc1d212f5b f282b21d8f6e4f6abe9d01be4ee06f1d
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Device locked by a MDM Tool

All our iPhones are managed with Jamf and my prestage enrollment profile has the setting enabled for "Prevent user from enabling Activation Lock". I sent an iPhone to Apple for diagnostic/repairs, and they sent it back right away with a letter saying...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacOs Intune Integration error

We are having problems trying to integrate macos into intune to use Conditional access policies. the Company Portal app v2.16.210501 is downloaded and install during setup. However we attempting to use the Intune integration client we receive this er...  View more

7f41fdca8683432895eb603d282cad79
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Homebrew script password prompt workaround?

I understand the spirit of Homebrew being secure and permissions set to the owner of the device. I've developed a workflow around scripts that pull the latest apps via brew to newly deployed machines. I have run across a newish issue where when I try...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable automatic updates for Spotify

We allow our employees to use the spotify app. Most of them are standard users meaning they get prompted for admin credentials for the update helper. What we want to do is kill automatic updates and then they can update via either self service or we ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

iMac Azure SSO extention

I am currently in progress of setting up 30 iMacs for the music department. These will be shared iMacs and used by multiple students. On our windows machines we have SSO enabled so when users login with their AD credentials and open Microsoft Word fo...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrolling with Management Server Failed

Hi Guys, I am trying to workout ADE (First time) but i keep getting an error on my brand new Macbook Air M1 saying "Enrolling with Management Server Failed. The Server certificate chain for your organisation's MDM server was not properly set up." I h...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migration from jamf pro to jamf school

Hello to all,I am currently switching from jamf pro to jamf school, but the problem is that when I restore the backup of an iPad the jamf pro profile takes the place of the jamf school profile. do you have an idea ? Sincerely  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script Error

Good day everyone, I'm hoping that I can get a second set of eyes on this script. It is designed to check the status of Find My Mac, and works find locally, but it is erroring out when I run it through a Jamf Policy. Here is the script: !/bin/bash th...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Plist file to save

I am looking to configure a mac running 10.15.7 and then take the basic configuration file to another mac to make it look the same. For example the dock.plist. What other plist file are best to save? Also i am doing this manually and not on a manuall...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors