Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

require regular "local" network login

We are looking for a way to either disable a computer or notify us when a computer has not logged into the local network for a set period of time or at least keep a log of where (IP address) where the computer has logged in from. Something that would...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Mojave Nag Updates for Sierra Users

Hey All, Simple script to stop Mojave update nags for your Sierra users. This seems to work well within our environment. #!/bin/sh rm -rf /Library/Bundles/OSXNotification.bundle softwareupdate --ignore macOSInstallerNotification_GM  View more

• 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

T2 iMacs Dual Boot Deployment

We’re looking into getting some new iMacs to replace a few aging labs in the district. Our only concern at this moment is that they would be Win 10 / MacOS 10.14 dual boot and the new T2 chips may get in the way of deploying Windows 10 to them. Our p...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

iMac 2015 Screen flashes black once at login window

Hey all, Has anyone seen an issue with Late 2015 27" iMacs where the screen will flash black once at the login screen? The machine is running 10.14.4 but the issue also occurred on 10.13.6. The machine will boot to the login screen then when the user...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Enrollment by serial number without DEP

Hi=) According to the rules of the organization in which I work, the user can not work on a personal / home device. During operation, the user can only use the corporate device.In my country, it is not possible to use DEP and PreStage Enrollment.I ha...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Revert back to iOS 12.1.4 using JSS

Does anyone know if it's possible to downgrade iOS on mobile devices using JSS or how one might be able to do so on a Managed device? the new Apple update 12.2 is causing some issues with our native software and I am hoping to revert back up of our u...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Free Avast for mac

Hi, Does anyone know how to deploy avast anti-virus for mac using script? Or does the pkg will do for mass deployment? Any guide or advise will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance Best regards,Markie  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MobileAccount Password Change Issues

We're using AD binding and mobileaccounts on the macs in my environment, which I know isn't ideal, I'm working on getting us going on NoMAD Login, but we use machine certs which makes that tough. I'm currently using NoMAD, mostly just for password ch...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Decom tool

I want to build a script that will copy down to all Macs in a folder so they can decom when they are getting a new Mac. I know this command will remove the Jamf Framework /usr/local/bin/jamf removeFramework I need help with an API call to Jamf to un-...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP Configuration issue SSL

Our IPA setup is correct, I checked our Firewalls everything looks good, I made sure all IP addresses matched up with the datacenter list of IPs Apple provides. Please let me know how I should troubleshoot further.  View more

f73d9a1042c0479e801c20af9a975d8d
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

XSAN Server Mount Delay

I know that not many people use Xsan servers but we have a Quantum Fiber server set up in our building. The issue seems to be that there is a delay of the computers recognizing the Xsan server. We push the profile out through Jamf and they seem to th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

To /Applications or to ~/Applications?

Application: GitHub Desktop Issue: Does not auto-update and pops an message asking to install a helper (Admin rights required to install). This is in Self-Service for all of my IS Macs however the developers/users do NOT have admin rights. Also, this...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with Adobe Premiere 2015+2017

Hello All Need some advice. Our mac users login using network account which stores their home folder on the server so it does not create a user folder under /users When I install adobe applications on the local admin account they all work for admin a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove files and folders with wildcard

We are in the process of moving some users to an Adobe Named User license. The only way I've gotten things to work is to do a clean uninstall of all previous Adobe applications which includes removing everything Adobe from the computer. I've been hav...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Pro 10.11.1 update stuck?

This may be a dumb question, but I was just updating our server to 10.11.1 (from 10.11.0) and I ran the .run file, I got to the point where is says "to complete installation open a browser and naviates to https://servername:8443" I did, but it's just...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Personalized Audible voice

Morning all,We are trying to create an audible warning script for our users. I am not a scripter but am learning from you all.What we have currently is a line in Files and Processes, osascript -e "set Volume 100"; say -r 200 "Good Morning! You guys R...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Sync failed

I recently had my Jamf instance moved to a new server. Then I noticed I started having problems with my DEP syncing in Jamf. Devices that were added to the DEP pre-move would setup correctly but new devices added after the move wouldn't start the DEP...  View more

39d356eb1db54b079c864c747a11d6fb
  • 15 replies
  • 4 kudos

Refreshing Login Banner message?

How do I force a login banner message to refresh? Basically I have a script that checks to see if all my policies have completed and if they have it then writes a message to the login banner using the following: defaults write /Library/Preferences/co...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Slow User logon issues

We have a good amount of new iMacs that are very slow to sign in using active directory credentials. The iMacs at the same location that are not on jamf pro log in almost instantly. I have load packages in the background turned on. I have not used ja...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors