Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Grayed out Wifi with !

Hey All, We have been experiencing an issue while rolling out 100+ staff machines which are MBA 2018. We have rolled out about 20 so far with reports coming back with wireless not being able to reconnect when the user closes the lid and moves to a cl...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Faronics Insight PPPC/TCC

I've created a config profile for Insight on our student computers using the PPPC Utility. After it's installed I'm still seeing a pop up that Insight wants to control this computer using accessibility features. Anyone have any suggestions? It isn't ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Outlook Activation with One Click

Hello, I ssaw this thread: https://www.jamf.com/blog/help-users-activate-microsoft-office-365-and-configure-outlook-in-one-click/ and I tried with Config Profile. But doesn't work. The Config Profile doen't find the Mail Adresse of LDAP. I created th...  View more

9c5ce725511d4dcbbb7b726195f1a691 65b9e9a0429543f88d3dd39cbe9b83df 74a8a01c889a4106a50350db58105a4e
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uninstall Creative Cloud 2019 apps

Is there a tool to uninstall CC 2019 Suite? We used to be able to make an uninstaller with CC packager for 2018 and older, but I have not see anything in the admin console for uninstalling.  View more

• 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Device Enrollment random pop ups on enrolled macs

Hey jamf nation, I have tried searching on this, but could not really find much. We use DEP, which sometimes work and sometimes doesn't, something we have accepted, however even when it works fine we often reports on these annoying Device Enrollment ...  View more

3939a14d7aaa4ae09d33da4b86c30ebf
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Custom Script for log-in Banner

I see that there is a Log-In Banner setting in Jamf, but does anyone know of a simple script to customize the values seen below in Bold? This Bob's School Mac is named 3NO21, has Asset Number 1618, and isassigned to Bob John's 3rd Grade class. If fou...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't Bypass the Secure Token Window when logging in

Hi All, I am working on the workflow for deploying 10.14.5 to our machines and while testing the desktop workflow, keep getting this I searched earlier and found the solution of adding a custom config profile with com.apple.MCX as the domain and "cac...  View more

e128a491358c4baf85afbfb4373b6aaf
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable AirPrint on macOS?

Does anyone have a suggestion for blocking AirPrint discovery on macOS? I have an Printopia Pro AirPrint server configured for iOS devices. iPhone and iPad users can quickly print to printers on-the-fly, from meetings, walking down the hall, etc. Ver...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Setting iPad up as new.

I am trying to figure out a way to force students to set their iPad up as new and not load last years iCloud backup. (this will be happening in the fall) Ive chosen to have Apps & Data not be shown in my pre-stage enrollment, but it still shows up. A...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best Setup

Moving from Filewave to Jamf so setting up Jamf from scratch and have tons of questions. I have Staff MBAirs and Lab Computers. Should I create Static groups or Smart Groups?What is the best practice? Right now my computers are in the Prestage Enroll...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

packaging Xcode simulators

Has anyone got a quick method to package Xcode simulators... I relied on a script by erikng (https://github.com/erikng/scripts/tree/master/makexcodesimulators) which worked fine for quite a while but lately it is failing with an error (Downloading ht...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keychain - strange - unable to reset

On one mac client where I register it with company portal it first prompt for user to sign-in with AD credentials. And works fine.Then Jamf is prompting to sign in and also there user and password is accepted. Then finally keychain is prompting for J...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS patch management with jamf

Hello everyone, I'd like to know how it's possible to have an efficient way to update all client with the latest version of macOS. I don't want to force it with forcefully restart etc. but perhaps with the most steps in a hidden way and afterwards th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apps layout

Can someone please point me in the correct direction for how to organize the apps? i'd like to disappear the icons that wont be used and maybe sort app into folders  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension attribute for Chrome only works in terminal

So the name of the chrome extension is is listed below and running this script in terminal brings forth no issues, but running the script in EA does. i ran a recon - verbose and it throws and error into the TMP file !bin/bash Pulls the current logged...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment

Hello folks,I’m switching over from Filewave to Jamf and I’m starting with my lab computers and something is not working. Here is what I have done and is working. I have all my lab comp switched over in DEP.I setup enrollment profile.I created a stat...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Cloud and SUS

Im new to Jamf cloud and also this environment, however, i wanted to clarify a few things. i came from a on-prem JSS with a FDS for packages and (previously) and SUS server before Apple server removed that functionality. is it safe to assume that pat...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Profile limited to local user affecting other users

I've set up a configuration profile to set dock items for local Guest accounts. I've got the profile targeted at computer level with a limitation to local user 'Guest'. It works fine when logging in as guest - the dock briefly appears as the default ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacOS X Image Design - Mojave

Howdie community, Pretty new to Jamf and MacOS X imaging. We are about to initiate a greenfield deployment and rollout ~500 Macbook Pros running Mojave . Curious, how you'll have setup your images, what all different components you have included in y...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wireless Config Profile Switch

Our environment is switching from a EAP-PEAP credential auth to an EAP-TLS certificate auth configuration, and want to know if anyone has any experience with doing this with the same SSID being used for both profiles. We want to try and get little-to...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Simple Finder, login items, and config profiles

I'm setting up a kiosk account with simple Finder enabled, along with some login items and preferences, via configuration profiles. The dock, simple Finder, and app config settings all apply successfully in Mojave, but the login items never open. Is ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors