Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Error trying to push a package

We created a snapshot using composer to create a .dmg file to push to the computer using via policy. The policy is set to trigger at recurring check-in, execution frequency is set to ongoing, and we have a smart computer group set to exclude any mach...  View more

9902c7193e534cf88a56f6e4aa5fe72b
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nomad and multiple accounts

We have been using Nomad, the free version, for a while now. One of the issues that I face is with my “management” account. Our Macs are bound to AD and we use mobile accounts to login. Everyone uses a “standard / non-admin” account for day to day wo...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 2 kudos

How do you document your JAMF Policies?

Hello all, I have been tasked to document our JAMF server configuration. Mainly things like policies, groups and scripts. I could do a terrible spreadsheet easily, but that would be counter to the intuitive theme of JAMF's design. What do you suggest...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

AutoPkgr Error 404 on CDP

Is anybody else getting 404 errors with AutoPkgr and a Cloud DP? I've tried using multiple versions of JSSImporter 0.51, 1.0, 1.0.1b2, 1.0.1.b3 & 1.0.2.b4 Bizarrely this is affecting our Premium Cloud instance but not our standard cloud instance  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple iOS Previews

Hello, Is there a way in which we can setup managed previews on an employees iPad. We ideally want it to never show the Preview of say Microsoft Teams, Messenger, iMessage etc.... it’s always shows what message has been sent to the employee on the iP...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dockutil - smb URL issues

Hello One of my clients appears to be having issues with the server shares i have created using Dockutil. Over the last few weeks a large number of staff are complaining that the shortcuts now ask them to authenticate, even though they have saved the...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

App won't Load: Restrictions Enabled

Trying to load "LetMeTalk" app but it won't load. I search it in the App Store and it shows in the store as "Open". I get this message, "Certain apps, features, or services, can't be seen or used when Restrictions are on. To use this app, turn Restri...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deployments on JAMF File Distribution Point

I currently support Macs and Jamf Pro for a Cruise Line. Bandwidth is a premium for us so we look to reduce as best as possible. On each ship we have a MacMini running as a File Distribution Point, and each network segment points to the distribution ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

VMware Fusion 11.0.2 osascript prompt

Hi All,I've installed VMware Fusion 11.0.2, my MDM pushes out an Approved Kernel Extension Profile so I do not need to approve any Gatekeeper prompts, it also pushes out a Privacy payload to allow Accessibility for VMware Fusion. When VMware Fusion l...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Push" Trigger For jamf binary

Perhaps someone has done this before, I didn’t really search around for it before I put this workflow together. As we know, the jamf binary does not use APNs, so we haven’t had a way to “send a push command” to call the jamf binary for things like ‘j...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Script to create dummy process

Our enterprise is looking for a solution to identify corporate assets when they connect via VPN. In simple terms - they want to be able to scan for a process specific to our company. On Windows Systems - they look for a registry entry that matches an...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Antivirus compatible with Windows ATP

The enterprise environment that I'm in is moving to Windows Defender - and they've chosen Bitdefender due to its integration with Windows ATP -Advanced Threat Protection My personal experience in various environments is that BitDefender is a CPU hog....  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using Inventory Preload Data

Hi! I decided to test using the Inventory Preload option on to PreStage enrollment of one computer. I got the CSV file completed and uploaded it successfully and it shows up as the Active data. After doing the PreStage enrollment (no previous record ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Questions regarding Azure AD/NoMAD

Hello, My organization is trying to decide between using Azure AD or NoMAD and NoMAD login. If we were to use Azure AD, would we need to use Jamf Connect as well? Is it possible to integrate Azure AD into Jamf without Jamf Connect? What are the benef...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Pulse Secure and PPPC in Mojave

I'm just now dipping my toe into Mojave. I upgraded a Mac to 10.14.2 and one of my first tests was to launch Pulse Secure.app. Well I got an alert saying Pulse Secure.app needed to access files in Pulse Secure.app. I'm looking in the PPPC Utility to ...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

wipe and new install of our apps lasts too long

hello,we are a school and have 20 ipads managed by jamf pro. every ipad has the whole standard apps from apple (garageband, imovie, etc.) and some else, which is about 5 gb data. we rent the ipads to our students but we want to have the data which th...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sophos Installation issues with Jamf installed

I have been doing some testing with Sophos for potential usage with my company. I cannot get it the installer install properly on any Mac I have Jamf installed. This is with the installer from Sophos Central and I am not running it through Jamf, but ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to assign SecureToken

Hello, I have a few MacBook pros set up as loaner devices, and have been testing the script I use to assign the secure token. I get inconsistent results with it, both in High Sierra and in Mojave. Sometimes it just doesn't generate the pop up that re...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using a stunnel proxy server to connect to G-Suite LDAP

Hi, I'm trying to connect our Jamf Cloud to our G-Suite LDAP service, which requires a certificate for authentication. As Jamf has not implemented this yet, we are forced to use stunnel on an extra server as a proxy. But it just doesn't work. Does an...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM Profile fails to download

We have some users who have problems with UIE. After logging to enrollment page and clicking Continue, the MDM profile is not downloading (screen shows only “Spinning”)What have been tested:- Quit / force quit Safari and tried again- Rebooted Mac- Tr...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Configuring LDAP For JAMFCloud

Hi Everyone, I've decided to create a simple discussion about configuring LDAP for JAMFCLOUD. I've had somewhat of a difficult time getting this to work since JAMF in their documentation do not support NAT. I've decided to share what I've done to mak...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors