Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Adobe Acrobat Extension Attribute

I searched yet found old info.We're trying to efficiently upgrade all users to latest Acrobat yet we have versions as old as 9 up to current DC.Has anyone created an extension attribute to find and report Acrobat version in a saved search that they c...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Any users of Nanoheal out there?

Hi fellow mac admins, Have any of you ever come across Nanoheal before? https://nanoheal.com This is being sold to our exec team as a miracle cure for all issues before they happen. On the surface it seems to offer what Jamf have been doing for years...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Add Third-Party Apps to Login Items

Create a custom loginitems plist file. defaults write ~/Desktop/com.apple.loginitems.managed AutoLaunchedApplicationDictionary-managed -array-add '{Path="/Applications/NoMAD.app"}' plutil -convert xml1 ~/Desktop/com.apple.loginitems.managed.plist Che...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Unable to configure Apple TV

Trying to get our 1st aTV into Jamf, and getting nowhere. Unfortunately, the KB article I've found here seems out-dated, as it is still suggesting that the configuration will be done over USB. Here is what I'm seeing: I've created an enrollment profi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Device location - no logged in user?

Greetings all,I am wondering if it is possible to locate a MacBook Air device, a ping to gather the current IP address, even if there is no user logged in. We would like to ping the device no matter where it is as long as it is on. I think this is ki...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Permissions on JAMFSoftwareServer.log

Has anyone else noticed that the permissions on JAMFSoftwareServer.log has changed to remove read from the Other attribute. Somewhere in the 10.x versions, I believe, a change occurred that made the JAMFSoftwareServer.log permissions go from -rw-r--r...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mojave : Login Window bug ?

Hi, I have a problem with MacOS Mojave when I have 'Login Window' payload with "Show computer's administrators" unchecked. Computers with only administrator accounts can't log in because no login/password fields appears. Have you ever had this bug? M...  View more

7031c9f64162453c9db5398ede7d505c
  • 25 replies
  • 1 kudos

Run script if nobody is logged in

Hey folks. This is likely something ridiculously simple to do, but I'm trying to find a way of running a script via Jamf that checks if Mac is sat at a login screen with nobody logged in, and then triggers another policy to run if that's the case. I ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Naming standard on mac

I guess I am not the only one having issues how to setup naming standards for Mac that follow company rules. For us we need simply having a country code as - fx US-%mac address - so would like US-E34E3E4TE5 But what is the best way to set this up as ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Quickadd Package on Enrollment

Hi all, This may be a stupid question but I am relatively new to managing computers with Jamf (only 5 managed so far). I have been testing enrolling my test MacBook Pro and unenrolling a few times to make sure everything comes down as we want it. Ins...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broken Notification Center Notifications?

Has anyone else run into issues where macOS users no longer receive Notification Center notifications from Jamf patch management events? For a long time this worked fine. I'd update an app via JPS patch management, and the user would get a Notificati...  View more

• 31 replies
  • 4 kudos

Jailbreak Detection on iPads Reliable?

Since this topic has not been discussed here in recent years I would like to know if Jailbreak detection is reliable or not now. I am using a smart group to check for the is jailbreak trigger and I have had two detections during my rollout of JAMFpro...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors