Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Add Limitation All Policies

Hello Jamf Nation,We have to add a network segment limitation to all policies.Instead of adding one by one, is there a way to do this via mysql. Thanks for any advice in advance.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

High Sierra linkfiledownload error 5

is anybody getting this error when trying to run the hightsierra app ? i am getting it when i first use the accessutility.dmg, it then opens the App Store and from there i click 'open' and it starts the install process, eventually getting a popup say...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting up new JSS

I'm setting up a new JSS for scaling reason. I can access the JSS through chrome using the local ip but I can't seem to get it from the external IP. I had the guy that does our website create the DNS record to the Public IP of the server but I always...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Caching Server

I'd like to implement a caching server in our corporate office. We currently have our jamf hosted in a datacenter off site. Is it okay to use 1 server to cache macOS updates from Apple and use it as a primary distribution point? Is there documentatio...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Webhooks through Proxy Server

Has anyone got webhooks working through a proxy server? I'm trying out the integration to Service Now and need to have the webhooks working. I have tried configuring external_communications in the database as described in the KB article about DEP and...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Management Commands Weirdness

So I send a lock command to the computer and I get the following error back.... There was a problem communicating with a push server The thing is if I login from a locked screen to the desktop AFTER a reboot the system then goes into reboot mode and ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script assistance with logged in user folder

I am trying to set up an extension attribute that will show whether an application has been run on individual systems. When launched, the app creates a directory at the user level. I'm trying to find a way to output whether that directory is present,...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re-imaged Macs and DEP

We appear to be having an issue with Macs and DEP. If we take a Mac that has been enrolled via DEP, erase and re-install macOS via Recovery Mode and then boot it, it does not appear to pull any info from Casper during any subsequent boots. We never s...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sierra Upgrade Woes

Recently became the go-to for the Casper system at my company, and my first project is to make sure all of the Macs are upgraded to the latest version of Sierra. I am following this guide: Here but running into issues. I can get the install.esd packa...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Identify MS Outlook config status

Our users are currently able to use either Apple Mail.app or MS Outlook 2016 for e-mail access ( we currently are using hosted Exchange/O365 for mail.) We would like to have a handle on how many of the users have actually configured their accounts in...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable Location Service with SIP

Hi Jamf Nation I'm trying to programmatically enable the location service. I have done this so far: #!/bin/bash /usr/bin/defaults write "/var/db/locationd/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.locationd" LocationServicesEnabled -int 1 /usr/sbin/chown ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS High Sierra 10.13 Beta Evaluation

I am in the process of testing heavily with macOS High Sierra by leveraging my Apple Developer Program membership. I trust that a lot of you are doing the same so I wanted to see what sort of formal evaluation you all are conducting within your organ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot Slowness

I have a dedicated macmini that is responsible for our netboot functions, booting to a image I created using AutoCasperNBI (I am using the modified rc.netboot). I noticed when I began booting 12 machines to this server, it was relatively quick, machi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cross-platform instances of JDS?

We have a smaller office abroad that we would like to create a new JDS for (we currently have one, our root) Is there an issue with creating this new instance of JDS on OSX, when our JSS is windows server 2016 based?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sophos interfering with Papercut and printing

Hi,Just wanting to see if anyone has seen this or if your collective knowledge could see something I'm missing. Some background info:MacBook Air fleet with Sophos installed.Just deployed Papercut MF and a new print server.Installed the printer manual...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JamfPro version of Make Me Admin

Looks like Jamf Pro Services posted an updated version of the MMA script that's floating around. I found it off @Andrina 's git page for her original work. here's the jamf version. Thanks @Rosko I'm trying to set it up and do some testing, but I'm a ...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Netboot Server

We are currently in the process of trying to replace our legacy Netboot server (Ubuntu Netsus Appliance running version 2 of the Netsus application). I have installed the Netsus application (version 4.1.0) on a server running RHEL 7 and with a bit of...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Xerox Printer Plugin Issue 10.12.4+

Is anyone getting an issue with their XEROX printer plugin features (secure print, hole punching) to show up properly in Safari? It shows up properly in Safari v10.0.3 on 10.12.3 (see "XEROX Correct" screenshot). It appears to be incompatible in what...  View more

3c282d9e959a42e49189cfcd576ea24a 12e104cf9499401f8ee324571909a06c
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing software installs using JSS

Hello admins, I'm relatively new to managing macOS, but have been slowly learning JSS and using it to deploy policies to workstation. We are currently using K1000 to install applications to clients, however i would like to start using JSS for this. M...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripting help: JamfHelper

Having issues with several packages, in particular Acrobat where users never seem to quit out. Working on a script to check for running app, upgrade if NOT running, present user with a notification if it is. Have basic syntax down, but still running ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing OS Version

Sorry if this has been asked already. I am new to JAMF. I was wondering the best way to control the OSX version that all of my computers are on? Can I force everyone to update to a certain version and keep them there until I want to force the next up...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors