Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Get last logged in Active Directory user

Hi all I'm working on automating back ups for users that have left the company, the policy/script will run whilst logged in as the local administrator as the user's account will more than likely be disabled at this point. I'd like part of the script ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nice Self Service Features

Hello Community! I am looking for cool and helpful features in the Self Service. Maybe everyone can tell me a few cool and helpful Features for us as IT-Support or helpful features for our Users. I am exited about all "Must Have" Features! Many Thank...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Citrix Receiver update script

Script to download the latest Citrix Receiver for Mac: #!/bin/bash ##################################################################################################### # # ABOUT THIS PROGRAM # # NAME # CitrixReceiverUpdate.sh -- Updates Citrix Recei...  View more

• 33 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding web links with icons to the dock

Hi all, I am wondering if anyone has had any success pushing out web locations to the dock along with favicon pictures. I am hoping to add links to Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Keep to the docks on target machines. This will be for student machine...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dock Items

I have just created a new build of OS X 10.11.4 and I have pushed out a dock configuration for some computers but I'm seeing questions marks appearing on them for dock items that are apart of another build. anyone got any suggestions?  View more

d4557867a3ef44099ab0d1e611d0899f
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

First Boot Script

@rtrouton Is it possible to use your First Boot Script like this? Running it on boot drive after imaging instead of the first boot package and using LaunchDaemon to run it. I add/remove some commands in your original script. Also I am more successful...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

What would cause OS X to loop at Startup?

I am in a pickle now.I was testing a little script that I want to be run after imaging. When the computer reboots after imaging the machine will reboot, then reboot then reboot. I re-created my image and took the script out and the machine still will...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trouble connecting to JSS when in VM

I am running a VM via VirtualBox to snapshot things more easily. Unfortunately, I am having connection issues when trying to connect to my JSS through Casper Admin. Getting a "(Result: 0) Check your network connection and try again", see attached scr...  View more

f07a5a2218a14ca98d48b9e445887f15
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

readapi user in JSS Settings

I inherited a JSS recently and a few non-human users were already set up. One of them is named "readapi." According to the privileges section, this user has read-only access to JSS Objects and nothing else is enabled. I was wondering if anyone knows ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying local user accounts - Best Practice?

I want to deploy a local account to a group of student machines for teachers to use if the network is unavailable. I have a script that will do it, and it works fine. However, the script contains the account password and can be read by anyone if they...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automated install issues

When I run a .pkg file in AirWatch it doesn't install when I run it normally it works fine. This is my post install script: !/bin/sh postinstall pathToScript=$0pathToPackage=$1targetLocation=$2targetVolume=$3 loggedInUser=/bin/ls -l /dev/console | /u...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS 4.1.0 Update

Sorry for the obvious but I just setup my NetSUS 4.0 appliance recently using the OVA and was curious how I go about applying the 4.1.0 update. The run file seems to be for the 4.0.0 version and I can work my way around the shell well enough I'm just...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing Homebrew w/o Xcode CLI

Is there a way to deploy Homebrew without having to install Apple's CLI tools? I'd like to keep Apple's tools off of our machines to just force our dev's to use Homebrew for all of there tools. I'm sure someone here has come across this need before.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Acrobat XI Pro uninstall script

I want to use the following adminguide to uninstall Adobe Acrobat XI Pro with a script, but can't seem to get it to work. The command line command is located at the just about the bottom of the following link. Does anyone know how to make this comman...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment when imaging already enrolled device.

We have see a few machines that do not seem to complete enrollment if they were previously enrolled into the JSS. The entrie imaging process with enrollment will complete with new workstations. The only we can get a previously enrolled system to enro...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Installing Kaspersky AntiVirus Software

Good morning, I am trying to automate the installation of Kaspersky AntiVirus. Right now we manually install it on each computer and I shouldn't have to. The actual Kaspersky installation gets installed as it should because I just drag the .pkg into ...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating Java and Toggling Advanced Settings

Hello everyone, Very much a newbie question, but I'm looking to see if anyone has any luck with configuring settings within Java's control panel. The process of upgrading Java, I've found, is by simply dropping the .pkg into CA. However, does anyone ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Group Default Scope

Good Morning All, I was preparing an experimental policy sequence this morning using the smart group scope/exclusion method, when I realized that the smart group set as scope had accidentally not been populated with any criteria. Apparently this defa...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Config Profiles failing after success

I'm seeing a strange thing here where config profiles I've successfully pushed to all the computers weeks or months ago are randomly showing up as Failed even though I have not made any changes or re-pushed them to the computers again. I only see it ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy Creation Question

I've been looking through some policies, and noticing that they have been running at each check-in. The policies are set to install the package at reoccurring check in, ongoing. It's supposed to update inventory when done. The smart group is set for ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors