Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

JNUC 2015 Session Presentations

It's almost impossible to take good notes from all the different sessions. Is there somewhere we can go to get the links for presentations? Or if any of you have them, can you please share and include the session name? Thank you!  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC 2015 technical issues

Is anyone else having trouble connecting to free wifi at the Guthrie? My colleague and I each have 3 devices and none of them will connect. Is the wifi infrastructure here really so insufficient, or are we both doing something wrong?  View more

• 29 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging Versus DeployStudio

I just purchased Casper Suite. Haven't deployed yet. In the process of setting up a JumpStart. Reading lots of manuals right now. ;0) I have used DS for years and know it well but I haven't even seen Casper imaging in the real world so I have no poin...  View more

• 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS apps deploy scope into incorrect group

Hi All, Does anyone have this issue?? iOS Apps scope in JSS send to incorrect group. Even thought you try remove the apps it will still install it back? See my Webdav apps which I only set to yr2 group but it install on yr1. I am using JSS v9.81. Cur...  View more

0bf28dc8206d4260956c2b2d9be770f4 e29cd742192843eda95e22ec0a1091da 9df7e36c5d6b4ef5b699fe0458d8150f 6fd8eedb5d834841b096b059a771158c
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC 2015 | Information, Logistics & Links

The JNUC is upon us, and we are excited to welcome you. As you make your final preparations, we wanted to share a few bits of information that may be helpful during your time at the JNUC. If we've missed anything or you have questions, let us know. W...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Timing

I definitely want to attend this, but the session I'm in doesn't end until 12:15!  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bootp Relay?

Anyone have any experience with Bootp Relay. I have an Bootp Relay pkg that installs bootpd.plist and bootps.plist. I believe I have to modify the bootpd.plist, enter our netboot server IP, etc. I am not sure exactly which lines have to be modified, ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Slow login times on AD domain-bound Macs

Hi All, I know this is an age-old problem with a million different possible fixes out there, but it's driving me nuts and hopefully somebody has seen this particular flavor before. My apologies in advance for the super-long post, but there is a lot g...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apps Deployment by device

Anybody having issues with deploying apps to device? I was told that have location services off, seemed to be causing issues with App Deployment by device?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Common server URL's for Content Filter

Hey guys,We are implementing the Content filter under the Config Profile for the mobile devices. We have been successful at blocking the SnapChat app due to us tracing a test device on the network to the proper address. The people before us just had ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service.app permission issues.

I am not sure if this has something to do with the most recent version of JSS or if it is just a glitch, but we have found the the self service app has some strange permissions issues. If you check the permissions it shows that the user has read and ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cisco ISE (NAC) and Casper

Looking forward to meeting some of you all at the JNUC in a little while! Does anyone use Cisco ISE in conjunction with the Casper suite? I'm trying to determine if it is possible to posture Macintosh clients and send them to a QuickAdd.pkg? Thanks.B...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Has not restarted in X number of days....

Hello All, Just realized that I have a login policy that over 500 of the computers in my environment do not have yet. Which means my users do not restart their machine .... ever. Anyway to script something or config something that makes users reboot ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X Caching Server

Hi JAMF Nation I struggle with the configuration of an OS X Caching server running on a Mac mini with Yosemite. The situation:- 172.57.0.1/22 Subnet- Firewall with pfSense running DHCP and DNS (172.57.0.1)- DNS lookup is correct (sudo changeip -check...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC Calendar?

Dear JNUC-elheads:I haven't seen any option to subscribe to/import calendar of sessions at JNUC. Is there/will there be one? In 2013 you had an awesome "Events by Taptera" app which really helped to set a schedule. If I recall, when evaluating two se...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP not forcing MDM enrollment OS X

I'm just in the process of testing a DEP rollout for new devices.The devices are hitting the preStage Enrolments they are assigned to but don't; Skip items defined in the "OSX Setup Assistant" payload Force the MDM profile to be installed Once the ma...  View more

7fc50e1156b14536a358f2d454526426 74ea760cd7564cd0957584c673be4d91 4068a5c8b08b409880e204d572037e22
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

iTunes Store formatting Issues

I have an Issue on three different Devices with iTunes 12.3 and how it displays the iTunes Store. See attached Screen Shots for TV Series & Apps - this behaviour happens since Friday night. I have opened a Ticket with Apple, but wanted to find out, i...  View more

e5bb906e102f43369593288729c18625 034cd9c781f44e04b0a5e0a0df32da23
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Remote Desktop Sluggishness

Hey all. Some time ago (1+ years ago) Apple Remote Desktop on my main Macbook Pro started bogging down when screen sharing from a remote Mac that has motion on the screen. The session becomes utterly slow and the fans ramp up on the local host becaus...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS update to support 10.11?

I recognize that in the background that the JAMF Netsus is using Reposado and there is probably a manual way to update Reposado to pull in Software Update Catalogs for 10.11, but in my mind JAMF should just be releasing an update for the appliance to...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors