Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Java & Flash vs El Capitan

https://derflounder.wordpress.com/2015/09/14/system-integrity-protection-and-the-end-of-xprotect-management-for-browser-plug-ins/ This is the end, beautiful friend This is the end, my only friend, the end  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue When enrolling my MAC

Hi All, I'm currently having an issue when enrolling my mac. I can successfully push software, policy's, AD binding e.t.c which i have created within JSS. But when it come down to logging in to my account on the MAC I'm having issues. It is saying no...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP apps not being removed from iOS devices

Hello! I'm in an elementary school w/ 1:1 for each grade level. Our workflow has users assigned to static groups, and VPP assignments for both free and purchased apps assigned to the groups. Within the static groups, we assign the users, who are adde...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cyclists attending?

Hi everyone, first time attending JNUC. Any cyclists attendind that would like to ride? I've been looking at several organized group rides and I'm getting more and more tempted to join at least one!  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying LogMeIn via Casper

I found several sparse tidbits on deploying LogMeIn, so I figured I'd share. The script should be a simple drop-in to JSS 9.7 to deploy the LogMeIn software. It downloads the latest version of the client, rather than having you package a stale versio...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Self Service Not Loading Policies

I was having an issue with tomcat stopping every 5 minutes on my 2008r2 server, so I decided to upgrade to 9.73 from 9.63. Tomcat started working and stayed on when I upgraded, but now I'm having a problem with Self Service and my LDAP. It seems that...  View more

98a56fae657244b79868da406fcc7a42
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Cocus and Airplay

When a teacher offers Airplay to an Apple TV to a student iPad during a class then ends the airplay... Does the student machine came the Apple TV Airplay password? I was playing with this recently and found that once the student iPad had been offered...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self-Service Web-Clip Bugs

**I've noticed on multiple iPad models on various iOS versions that the self-service doesn't respond well when you interact with it. I'll tap on a button at the bottom and nothing responds. Sometimes it responds immediately, other times you have to t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer Level vs User Level Config Profiles

Its very clear to me what the difference between the two are (one is applied at the computer level and the other at the user level. What I'm trying to figure out is what is the difference between when/how they are pushed to a machine. From what it lo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scoping Variables

We are starting our deployment of Casper after being on Radmind for 10 years. We are trying to figure out how to do custom variables for different computers. For example, 5 computers with different home pages set each on a different computer. To my c...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Script during User Initiated Enrollment

Is it possible to have a script run as a pre flight script during User Initiated Enrollment rather than as a policy that kicks off during Enrollment complete? My current setup for User Initiated Enrollment has 2 policies that run with the Enrollment ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault and individual keys

Hi all, I'm testing the collaboration between JSS and file vault. When i implement an institutional key everything works as expected. But i can't get the individual keys. I made an encryption configuration which utilizes an institutional key and an i...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2016 Search

So for the past few days I have been unable to search in Outlook 2016, version has been updated to latest and still unable to search, just shows no results. Id bit of searching around and could not really find an answer until this morning. A few peop...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

casper imaging not enrolling computer when imaged

I am running a local JSS 9.73 and similar casper imaging. I created a base 10.10.5 image and threw some packages with it that I have tested work. When the computer is imaged (after erasing the drive), the computer comes up with the software installed...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Priniting Problems

Hi Nation; have an issue where all printers will go in to a paused state when added to a group of 20 imacs. I have tried deleting and adding, clearing queue, deleting users, but it seesm there is something holding the queue. on imacs on the other sid...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error with Netboot using Casper Imaging

I am running a test JSS (version 9.73). I have a netboot server (CentOS 7) with Casper Imaging (version 9.65) that I set-up. The netboot set (nbi) is based on 10.10.5 OSX.app and was set-up with AutoCasperNBI. I can netboot fine and it loads up the n...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS - Allow removal of apps but not self-service.

I want to allow the users to remove/delete apps that were installed via Self Service but I do not want them to be able to delete the Self Service app. Or, if they do delete Self Service I would like it to be pushed back down to device immediately. Is...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best ways to architect Casper internationally

I am still trying to switch over our Casper instance from a Mac Mini to CentOS 7 servers.I feel I am close to getting it finished but I am wondering if this is the best config and I want to get a better understanding of how things work before putting...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Clients randomly switch to status unmanaged

Hi guysWe have now aprox 80 client machines here that suddenly have switched to state "unmanaged. I checked the machines and can't find a cause. Here the stuff I have collected so far. https://www.evernote.com/l/AAE1kfk6DKJCOomuYdsK9HqIqKUZ98zVKkY An...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to update iOS?

I have a chance to update some iPods from 8.4 to 8.41. I have never updated the iOS before and looking around I am wondering how its done. I want to make this as touchless as possible. I would love for the devices just to sit in their chargers and I ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Dockutil and script

Experts, I am new to the Casper and struggling second day with dock util on 10.10.OS. Since that functionality was removed in JAMF casper work around like custom script with dockutil 2.0.2 needs to be enabled. !/bin/bash sudo dockutil --remove 'Launc...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors