Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

LDAP and Email Accounts

We are using are LDAP server to pull in staff credentials (login & passwords) but we are switching are email to Gmail accounts. I tried changing the emails in the JSS to are Gmail accounts for the users but they were changed back to the LDAP accounts...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot Revoke VPP2 Content

I'm having trouble getting one particular person's VPP account to sync their assigned content. We've removed her from all the app assignment groups, and her content has gone down from 180 apps to 30 ... but for some reason those last 30 apps are stuc...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Bind Failing

When deploying a policy on a 10.10.5 machine through Self-Service using the AD Bind feature in Casper 9.8, I'm getting the following error in the log: An error occurred binding to Active Directory: dsconfigad: Authentication server could not be conta...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile for Exchange Email on Mac

Hi I'm trying to set up Exchange email on Macs using a configuration profile. However, it doesn't seem to do anything: after the profile is installed, Mail still wants to go through all of the setup screens. What am I doing wrong? Thanks Tim  View more

5cdd93a3977f4c028f8c71d98ef60f43 fd4a6e696aa9461ab0893dfd62af23a8
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

assign users to computers via API

Has anyone been able to assign users to a computer via API I am having trouble navigating the API docs. I want to use cocoadialog to prompt our techs to enter a userID and then assign the mac to that user.  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fixing iOS icons in Self Service

If anyone had issues recently where icons didn't make it into your app catalog when you added them from VPP, here's a MySQL query that will fix all the broken icon images in Self Service: UPDATE `mobile_device_apps` INNER JOIN `vpp_mobile_device_app_...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Synology NAS for Casper sharepoint

I've seen a few threads on JAMFnation from folks using Synology NAS to host their Casper packages. I'm thinking of going this way myself (migrating off an Xserve) and wonder if anyone has good / bad experiences to pass along. IOW, I know it's possibl...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Version 9.81? El Cap?

So with only partial support of El Cap in the current version (9.8) and El Cap dropping tomorrow, is anyone else holding their breath on an update to be released today?  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Garage Band Loop Re-Index

Hi JAMF Forum I have a big problem with Garage Band.I make a Script to install additional Loops this works great. In the Last Section i tried to Re-Index the Loops, but it doesnt work... Do you have an idea what I can do? Here my Script #bin/bash mkd...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Lock Icons?

I am just trialling Casper to control our iPads. We have a couple of class sets of iPads. At the moment staff complain that each time they use them, they are never the same. The students move icons around etc. Is there a way to lock the icons in plac...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run python file through script

Hi , i tried to run a python file through a script , but i receive errors from that file . BUT when i run it from terminal everything works fine . Do you have any idea what the problem may be?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging and AutoDMG and Packages

Hello All, I'm pretty new to casper, but not Mac or Imaging (Former DeployStudio user). I built a scalable image using AutoDMG and AutoCasper NBI. If I image the base OS down, everything works great, boots perfect, no rights issues. If I load the bas...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart group based on existence of a file?

We've got some security software that only consists of a single binary in /sbin and a launch daemon in /Library/LaunchDaemons Some of the installs were done by our security team manually (outside of Casper) and I've been asked to make it deployable. ...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netbooting brand new Mac's

Hello guys, Is there any way a brand new, out of the box Mac can Netboot directly without manually going through the setup assistant? Current process: New iMac shipped from Apple Unbox and plugged in the ethernet cable and go through the setup assist...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to change the default media player to VLC

Helo JAMF, Currently, the default media player for "insert video" is Apple DVD Player and we would like to change that to VLC. Is there any scripts, managed references or config profile that can do that? I've searched JAMF nation and the web and coul...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot: Appliance VM vs MacMini

Hello,We have been netbooting our imaging systems off of three Mac Minis. I was hoping to speed up the process by implementing the Netboot/SUS appliance. Our VM infrastructure uses XEN, so I extracted the OVF file to get the VMDK and created a XEN VM...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network Segments and Default DP

Hi Guys, We have some small network segments defined for offices around Europe. We then have a catch all segment for just Europe. If we have a specific DP assigned to the catch all Europe segment but not the smaller offices I'm not the seeing the beh...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SCEP under iOS for a total newb.

Hi all, OK, my understanding of SCEP could be written on the head of a pin. I'm looking for some sort of guide that would explain to me how to fill out those fields in the JSS si I can push the required for my iPads using SCEP to authenticate to WiFi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Due to the lack of "blocking apps" in JSS...

Is there a graceful way to push Office 2016 to a logged in user who might have any/all of the suite's applications open during the push? I wonder if JSS 10 will provide a way to warn users to close any apps that shouldn't be open, (ala "blocking apps...  View more

0e93ac830a5f4e878e4e87038e23ca88
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors