Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

External JSS Enrol Errors

Hey guys, Little bit stuck with where to go next with our external JSS and not being able to enrol from it. Downloading required CA Certificate(s)... verbose: Successfully downloaded the certificate "JSS Built-in Certificate Authority". verbose: Succ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy Log Parser

Hello All! Like a few others, we have a business need to report on the success or failure of certain policies. I've seen several feature requests asking JAMF to create the ability to export Policy Log results in a CSV or PDF format, but it doesn't lo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Adobe PCD Permissions

Hello all, Just have a quick question about the Adobe PCD folder in CS installations: Has anyone found a way to make this folder not writable to users, but still allow Adobe products to open without error? Unfortunately, the students somehow found th...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

9.65 Casper Imaging not erasing drive

Has anyone experienced an issue with Casper Imaging 9.65 skipping the "erase target drive" process? I have seen this issue with both target disk mode imaging and Netboot imaging. My netboot images were created with AutoCasperNBI (10.10.3 and 9.65). H...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Open Directory

I have inherited an Open Directory here at school that has no Groups, just one large Work Group of all the students, which is not condusive to removing graduating seniors. My summer plans consist of organizing this but I am unsure what it should look...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

computers losing name in sharing

We are having an issue with our Mountain Lion image, using Casper 9.7. The computers seem to image correctly, then after a restart the name disappears from sharing and the machine shows up in Casper as localhost. Due to this problem, I have 160 machi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Replicating the Switch User from Lock screen

I am trying to determine a scriptable command that does the same thing Switch User button on the lock screen does but having trouble doing so...The closest I have is using C/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/User.menu/Contents/Resources/CGSessi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Thin Imaging in the MacBook world

I was looking at possibly doing thin imaging, now that the MacBook USB C world is upon us. Most all of the information I could scrounge up was pretty outdated (2012 and earlier). I was wondering how or best practices for 10.10 (and 10.11?) and Casper...  View more

• 26 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin gives confusing error on .app files

I've noticed for a while that the error given by Casper Admin when you attempt to add a .app file makes no sense. For example, attempting to upload the Box Edit installer "designed to work with...Casper Suite" fails and presents the following error m...  View more

3e5e4e2db29a4de58ba7ff633acf9cac
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script Issue With Setting Finder Prefs

Sort of newbie here to scripting so looking for some help! I want to get the hard drive etc to show up on users desktops as they update to Yosemite or get a new computer with Yosemite. I'll include portion of the script below, I'm sure it's an easy f...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Suite Screen Sharing using Casper Remote

Trying to use the Casper Remote application to log in as a 'behind the scenes' user to modify small configurations on user computers simultaneously while they are working without having to interrupt. The authentication works normally to log in as Cas...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reoccurring Policy

Hello, I am not sure if this is possible, but I am trying to find a way for something to occur on a regular basis. I know we can have a trigger as monthly, weekly and so forth for policies. I would like to take it a step further. If I package up an a...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

clear a specific policy log more frequently

is there a way to clear a specific policy's log w/o actually going into the policy and clicking logs? I know there's log flushing in settings, but i don't necessarily want to flush all of them... And there's so many logs in this one policy it's takin...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profiles - Scope exclusions not working

Got an odd issues at the moment with Configuration Profiles not being removed from a Mac when the scope has the computer name added in as an exception. We are running 9.62 in production and 9.72 in test and both versions have the same issue. Our Safa...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook 2011 Out of memory issues

Hi All, Just wondering if anyone is getting these out of memory issues? Small window in bottom left corner pops up. Funny thing is it happens on multiple versions of OS, multiple versions of office 10.9/10.10Office 14.3.9 - 14.5.1Running through exch...  View more

9f1fe25781284dd0996ea7ea5d173617
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Store Application ID?

I am trying to make a smart group which will detect IOS devices with disabled App store restrictions.I had hoped that If I can identify the app store is not installed on the device, it might be a way to identify it. Is there a way of doing this?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change attribute in AD via script

We are in the process of piloting a new IM solution for the company, and part of that involves changing an attribute in AD, namely the one that lists the user's SIP address (msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress) I have been able to successfully read this valu...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote management address being changed by DNS

Good Morning all,I have encountered an issue that really has all our team kind of stumped. I am not a server admin, so I apologize for mistakes in advanced.I was trying to remote into a computer we have for purposes of testing a graphics issue. VNC g...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors