Bugs in Jamf Pro 11.2

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

In addition to not being able to add objects to our Dashboard, I just discovered that we can no longer create Computer Extensions Attributes that use scripts for the input. When I change the Input Type to Script, I see the text field for typing the script, but I am unable to type or paste into it.   I have found that I can’t even edit existing ones. The text field is not clickable to edit at all. Both of these bugs are pretty serious for us to maintain a healthy workflow. I'm also at the very beginning of a huge software deployment that is going to need dashboard visibility and EAs to ensure proper scoping, but now I can't do either. 

18 REPLIES 18

scottlep
Contributor II

Yep, same bug here. If you click in the box then hit the tab key on your keyboard it moves the cursor to the text field and lets you type/paste/edit text. Weird UI bug I guess.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@AVmcclint How quickly are you willing to adopt Jamf Pro 11.3? We have that version running on our test instance as of this morning, and I have verified that you can add items to the Dashboard, and the text field for scripts in an EA works as expected.

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

running 11.2 and can create and edit extension attributes. using ARC or Chrome

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

We're using jamfcloud so we have to wait a couple weeks before we get it.  It seems that the bugs are getting worse with each version.  I also forgot to mention that I can no longer Command-Click on links in Jamf Pro to open in a new tab. I have to Right-click > Open in new Tab. 

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

you can update when-ever you want to.. login to you JAMF ID and you'll see it under registered products.. you don't have to wait.. 

Not seeing that in our jamf pro account 

I don't believe that feature is available if you're just a standard cloud instance. 

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

we are on standard.. its there.. what you can't do on standard is delay the update post the dateCapture 2024-02-21 at 18.03.16.pngCapture 2024-02-21 at 18.05.23.png

I don't see that option as available and when I opened a case with support a while back, they're response was that it was only available to premium cloud instances.

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 1.26.17 PM.png

Even their own pricing page notes it as an exclusive benefit for Jamf Premium Cloud.

https://www.jamf.com/pricing/

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

you can see its jamf cloud standard.. premium provides the option not to update on JAMF schedule.. 

you need to be the jamf ID 'product owner' if its a sub account you may not have access? 

Just got word back from Jamf. If your instance is using a custom domain because of once being on-prem and then moved to cloud, you will not have this ability available and would need contact them directly should you want to.

@andrew_nicholas wrote:

Just got word back from Jamf. If your instance is using a custom domain because of once being on-prem and then moved to cloud, you will not have this ability available and would need contact them directly should you want to.

Thanks for that!  I have one and will have another in that situation.  Good to know.👍

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

While I can't deny what my eyes are seeing in the image you posted, I'm not sure how it's possible to do the upgrade whenever you want when hosted on Standard Jamf Cloud. Being on standard essentially means you are part of a shared environment, using the same instances of Tomcat and MySQL, just portioned out among other customers on the same environment, unless my info on that is woefully out of date (definitely possible) If that IS the case though, wouldn't pushing the upgrade ahead of time also mean those other customers will need to be upgraded to the new version too? And they may not be ready for it yet. 🤔

Maybe things have changed in how they handle that since I last looked at how that worked, but I was under the impression that's how it was.

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

yes its a clustered environment, but the update is just for JAMF Pro, the underlying infrastructure does not change.. and I know we are not paying $20k for premium.. 

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

The command-click behavior has been inconsistent since 11.0 for me in Safari

jt350
New Contributor

Thanks for posting this, I spent the last 20 minutes trying to modify my dashboard. 

scottb
Honored Contributor

If you login to id.jamf.com and look at your instances, if you're the "owner" you will see the option.

Otherwise, it may be under someone else's account...

Just updated two of ours. That said, I do not know if they are std or prem...