[BULK] RE: Re: Restricted Software

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

So you got it to work then I take it?

2 REPLIES 2

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

Just keep in mind that there are library files in /Library/Application Support that sometimes also need to be added. Like for a specific example, Adobe puts a bunch of stuff in there, plus the app they use to authenticate the Adobe license. So you gotta add all those full paths as well.

Otherwise, it is a pretty decent way to manage apps. Then if you need to disable something, just move it to the folder that is denied access and voila, that app is no longer available.

-Tom

Thomas Larkin
TIS Department
KCKPS USD500
tlarki at kckps.org
blackberry: 913-449-7589
office: 913-627-0351

Not applicable

Yes I did get it working. Testing it now for a few days with a cheerful coworker who won't mind being surprised if she gets messages about applications not running. Only one background app so far that was unable to run due to the setting, but it was Realplayer Download Agent, which I would prefer not to run anyway.

On 9/16/09 1:54 PM, "Thomas Larkin" <tlarki at kckps.org> wrote:

So you got it to work then I take it?

>>> "Fay, Nancy A." <NFAY at wcasd.k12.pa.us> 09/16/09 11:10 AM >>>

Thanks for pointing me the right direction. The domain ended up being com.apple.applicationaccess.new, and in addition to entering the values for pathWhiteList-Raw I also had to set the key familyControlsEnabled in the same domain to true.

Nancy