BYOD Block Email Domain

JMontey1
New Contributor II

Hi All!

We are using Account Driven User Enrollment for our BYOD program. I haven't seen anything directly stating no or yes to this so some clarity would be great! Is there a Profile that can be pushed to block an email domain from being added to the native mail app? We are wanting users to only use Outlook. I feel like Microsoft Exchange may have a policy, but I don't think Jamf can do this since this would affect a user's non-managed Mail app. I may be overlooking something simple, but the more eyes, the better! 

3 REPLIES 3

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@JMontey1 There is no configuration setting that will allow restriction of email domains for the macOS built-in Mail app. If you want that option then Microsoft Outlook does support it using the AllowedEmailDomains key in the com.microsoft.Outlook preferences domain (see https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/deployoffice/mac/preferences-outlook#allow-only-corporate-mailboxe...)

JMontey1
New Contributor II

@sdagley Thank you for that great info! Sorry I wasn't clear in my post, this would be for iOS/iPad devices only. Just to clear that part up. 

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@JMontey1 My apologies, the BYOD reference should have been my clue you weren't looking for Mac advice. I don't know what kind of configuration options are available with the iOS/iPadOS Outlook app so I'll defer to someone who is to let you know if what you want to do is possible.