Can't pair airtag to iphone

Gekar1998
New Contributor

I'm trying to pair an airtag to an iphone and I get the error message "your device management settings do not support airtag".

We have no restriction in JAMF for this. The only similar post I could find "Can't pair airtag on ipad" was caused by "Devices tab in Find My app is disabled" remaining in the device profile. I have searched for this and it is not present on the device so I'm not sure what is going on.

1 REPLY 1

yaksha
New Contributor III

Check Find My Restrictions: In your JAMF profile for the iPhone, you may look for any restrictions that might block Find My, location services, or Bluetooth.

Verify Supervision: If your JAMF settings require device "supervision" for advanced features, make sure the iPhone is supervised.

Test with Other Profiles Disabled: Temporarily disable other JAMF profiles on the iPhone and try pairing the AirTag. This helps identify if another profile is causing the issue.

Review JAMF Settings: Double-check your JAMF profile for the iPhone, focusing on restrictions related to Bluetooth, location, network, or privacy that might block AirTag pairing. 

if this does not solves it; i will log a case with jamf support :)