Casper Imaging Partition

Not applicable

I'm having an issue with imaging my iMacs with a BootCamp partition, if they already contain a BootCamp partition. I would like to reimage the drives regardless of what partitions are already on there. So what I would like is a script that partitions the drive and then lets Casper Imaging do it's thing. Is there anyone out there that has something like that?

Thanks,
Robert

5 REPLIES 5

Bukira
Contributor

My scripts can do it for u, I'll send tomorrow with instructions

tep
Contributor II

I am interested in this as well.

tep
Contributor II

Bukira,

Can you send me this script?

Kumarasinghe
Valued Contributor

We do it by 2 Scripts (most of them are from the forums). One before imaging and other at reboot.

1) Script to delete all partitions. Must run this with script priority set to "Before"

#!/bin/bash
# this assumes that /dev/disk0 is going to be the main HD in all systems
# Script priority in JSS should set to "Before" as this need to be done before Imaging
/usr/sbin/diskutil partitionDisk /dev/disk0 1 GPTFormat jhfs+ "Macintosh HD" 100%
echo "Disk0 has been re-partitioned."

2) Script to rename the partition to "Macintosh HD". Must run this with script priority set to "At Reboot"

#!/bin/bash
#
# get current boot volume name
#
export VolumeName=`diskutil info / | grep "Volume Name" | cut -c 30-`

# if it's not Macintosh HD, malke it Macintosh HD
if [ "$VolumeName" != "Macintosh HD" ];
then diskutil renameVolume "$VolumeName" "Macintosh HD"
fi

tep
Contributor II

Thanks for the script. The problem I now face is that even though I have it set to run "before" imaging, it still runs after the creation of additional partitions for dualboot. I want to re-partition the existing partitions, and then recreate them during imaging. Does this make sense?