Clients randomly switch to status unmanaged

tobiaslinder
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi guys
We have now aprox 80 client machines here that suddenly have switched to state "unmanaged. I checked the machines and can't find a cause. Here the stuff I have collected so far.

https://www.evernote.com/l/AAE1kfk6DKJCOomuYdsK9HqIqKUZ98zVKkY

Any idea what went wrong here?

5 REPLIES 5

tobiaslinder
Contributor II
Contributor II

I think I solved it myself. I just had to go into the inventory and had to check the mark

9f10ff83d119454c849371fb581d2a08

and add the credentials for the management account on every device.

But no idea how this devices could get unmanaged.

millersc
Valued Contributor

We've been experiencing the same thing. Have you opened a ticket with your TAM? They say were the only one experiencing this......

tobiaslinder
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Millersc
Nice to know that I'm not alone :-)

I have opened a ticket this afternoon. I have now activated the option and re-entered the password on 80 machines and one hour later all machines are still managed. So let's hope it will not happen again.

millersc
Valued Contributor

I won't speculate what I think the problem is, but don't expect it to not happen again. It will, unfortunately. Are you running JSS on mac equipment or no? Just wondering if it's platform specific.

We're all Mac for all JSS/MySQL/DP/SUS. We eliminated the Win stuff due to being VM and no control of it. Also running 9.73 currently.

tobiaslinder
Contributor II
Contributor II

I have it running on an Ubuntu 12.0.4 LTS Server that we have virtualized on ESXI. I had it running on the mac but the performance of Tomcat was very awful.