Configure settings for built in iOS apps (camera and photos)

lcgsjamf
New Contributor

Hi Jamf community! I have a need to configure the settings below globally on our fleet of iPads. I am hoping someone has found a way to do this as doing it manually is not overly appealing!

1. Settings > Camera > Formats - Most Compatible
  2. Settings > Photos > Transfer to Mac or PC - Automatic
  3. Camera - disable live photos

Any info would be great!

6 REPLIES 6

CPPSRod
New Contributor

I’m by interested to see if this can be done, too.
Regards
Rod

bootrec
Contributor

I need this also, deploying hundreds of iPhones to a bunch of Windows users will cause issues with their precious pictures. Can't it be scripted somehow?

talkingmoose

Unfortunately, none of these settings is currently available to administer. Apple would need to make these options available for Jamf to manage. At most, you an enable/disable the Camera app and FaceTime use. All manageable settings you see in a new Device Configuration Profile are what's possible.

As far a scripting is concerned, iOS devices don't support running scripts or any Terminal commands like macOS.

eaititig
New Contributor III

3 years later and those settings are still not exposed. Shame.

tiffanydavis
New Contributor II

Here we are in 2023 and this is STILL not an option. Extremely disappointed. I wonder why it takes JamF FIVE YEARS to implement updates/changes? We have a legit need to set our iPadOS cameras to take photos with the .jpg file extension rather than .heic and still no option to do that from JamF. Seems a little antiquated to me JamF.

More than likely this is something that Apple is preventing MDMs from doing. If anyone knows that this option is available from Jamf's competitors, then it's on Jamf, but pretty sure it's an Apple thing.