Cricut Design Suite Woes--I need a way to allow end users to install updates

psherotov
Contributor

I'm a Tech Director in a K12 school and one of our teachers purchased a Cricut machine. The trouble is that the software requires frequent updates and without the updates you can't use the software. I found Patch Management for Cricut in Jamf Pro but I need to automate the process or at least to figure out a Self-Service way to allow users to run the updates? Helppppp!!!! :-)

3 REPLIES 3

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

Hi psherotov, what you can do is after creating the patch management for Cricut. Then create a smart group with the "Patch Reporting: Cricut" as the criteria. Set the operator to "Is not". Set the value to "Latest Version". use the Installomator script from github https://github.com/Installomator/Installomator . Copy/paste the script into Jamf. Create the policy, add the installomator script, pass the cricut as an argument. Then target that smart group. Hopefully, you understand my instructions and good luck. 

@junjishimazaki Hello and thank you! I have a few questions. I created the Smart Group with the fields you specified. I also downloaded the Installomator pkg and installed it on my computer AND copied the script. The trouble is I have no idea what variables need to be filled out and where to enter cricut as the argument. I did find that Installomator does have Cricut Design Space in it's Labels txt file though. If you could walk me through the configure process for the script I would be incredibly grateful!!! :-)

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

Hi psherotov, when you add the installomator script to your policy you add cricutdesignspace as an argument

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 6.48.18 AM.png