Effects of changing policy name

myu
New Contributor III

Can anyone advise what would happen if a policy name was changed? For example, if I needed to rename "10-Install Chrome" to "210-Install Chrome", would it remove the package that was installed by the first policy and reinstall the same package under the 2nd policy? And am I correct in assuming that removing a policy does NOT remove the installed app?

We're renaming them so that we can properly sequence the policies (e.g. anything with 0XX are pre-app installations, anything with 1XX are required app installations, anything with 2XX are for specific labs, etc).

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ashok_A
Contributor

@myu - Changing the Policy Display Name will the affect anything except the sequence will be changed when the policy is triggered next time. The previously deployment gets affected / package will be installed again only when you flush the policy logs. 

Hope this is helpful. Let me know if you have any question. Thank you. 

Best Regards,
Ashok Amirthalingam
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ashokamirthalingam/

View solution in original post

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Renaming any object of a policy, will not effect any other object of the policy. You can change the policy name to your hearts content and it wont effect the payloads. To the same effect you can rename a package, and it will just reflect the new package name in the police. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ashok_A
Contributor

@myu - Changing the Policy Display Name will the affect anything except the sequence will be changed when the policy is triggered next time. The previously deployment gets affected / package will be installed again only when you flush the policy logs. 

Hope this is helpful. Let me know if you have any question. Thank you. 

Best Regards,
Ashok Amirthalingam
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ashokamirthalingam/

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Renaming any object of a policy, will not effect any other object of the policy. You can change the policy name to your hearts content and it wont effect the payloads. To the same effect you can rename a package, and it will just reflect the new package name in the police. 

myu
New Contributor III

Thank you!