Filevault and individual keys

icejoran
New Contributor

Hi all,

I'm testing the collaboration between JSS and file vault. When i implement an institutional key everything works as expected. But i can't get the individual keys. I made an encryption configuration which utilizes an institutional key and an individual key. When the configuration is applied no key appears in the computer attributes.

Any hint in the right direction is welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Joran

5 REPLIES 5

Josh_Smith
Contributor III

Are you looking at the Computer Record | Management Tab | FileVault 2?

icejoran
New Contributor

I was looking in Computer Record | Inventory, since i have the FV2 section there (which tells me no partitions are encrypted while it is). In the management tab i've no info related to FV2.

Is there something i should have enabled?

jamesdurler
Contributor

I had a similar issue where the key wasn't updating in the record instantly. I found that adding an inventory update within the encryption policy helped.

Josh_Smith
Contributor III

This is what it looks like for me in 9.63. The FV2 menu item is present for encrypted and unencrypted machines....if your JSS is a recent version and you aren't seeing it you may not have permissions to it...check the user account permissions.

a7744108cb6541cc9669fb83a52bc455

icejoran
New Contributor

@Josh.Smith: Thanks that's a good point. I'm working as a contractor and have no idea how my permissions are configured (supervisor isn't around). But i'll definitely check it out (is going to be after the weekend). Thanks so far :)