Firefox ESR v115 is missing from Patch Management Definition

mattaj24
New Contributor II

The current Jamf-managed Firefox ESR patch management definition is missing Firefox ESR 115.0 and 115.0.1. These were released nearly a week ago. I put in a support request but the ESR patch management definition has still not been updated. I was trying to avoid creating my own definition just to push these versions but it may be necessary at this point. Should I go ahead with creating my own or is there a reason these are delayed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mattaj24
New Contributor II

Update: Jamf just released the 115.0esr, 115.0.1esr, and 115.0.2esr definitions. We'll call this one resolved.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@mattaj24 Are you sure 115.0 and 115.0.1 are considered Extended Support Releases? The Mozilla Firefox definition was updated for both 115.0 and 115.0.1, but if they are not ESR releases then the Mozilla Firefox ESR definition won't be updated.

Update: There are 115.0 and 115.0.1 ESR releases so the Mozilla Firefox ESR definition definitely seems to be needing an update.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/115.0esr/releasenotes/ 

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/115.0.1esr/releasenotes/

Firefox doesn't switch their "latest esr" pointer until the .3 release, I believe. In fact, if you click "Download Firefox ESR" on those pages, you get the 102.13.0 release.

Edit to say I can't even find a 115.0 or 115.0.1 ESR download without poking around a random ftp site

mattaj24
New Contributor II

I get that, but that doesn't take away from the fact that there is indeed a 115.0esr, 115.0.1esr, and 115.0.2esr in existence. These should be generally available in the Jamf patch definition, even if they're not considered the latest, no? Jamf can mark the "latest" as 102.13.0 but still have 115.0esr, 115.0.1esr, and 115.0.2esr as options in the definition.

The problem is automating the definitions' creation, which I assume is based on looking at the actual downloads (based on past statements from Jamf) and not just looking at an ftp server's directory listing. If Mozilla isn't making it generally available, I don't see how it is possible to automate that process.

mattaj24
New Contributor II

Update: Jamf just released the 115.0esr, 115.0.1esr, and 115.0.2esr definitions. We'll call this one resolved.