Help with Custom Config Profiles : JSON format is incorrect.

RhineMar
New Contributor

It seems like every time i try to make Custom Settings for a config profile, no matter how I make the plist file (xCode, VSStudio, manual creation, Jamf Pro spits out : JSON format is incorrect. I'm really confused at what I'm doing wrong.

It will accept an actual JSON format, but then nothing populates in the form editor or Plist preview panes.

What am I doing wrong? How should i go about making custom settings for external apps?

Thanks in advance!

Here is a sample from my OneDrive config profile

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>AllowTenantList</key>
	<string>TenantID</string>
	<key>BlockExternalSync</key>
	<true/>
	<key>DisablePersonalSync</key>
	<true/>
	<key>DisableTutorial</key>
	<true/>
	<key>FilesOnDemandEnabled</key>
	<true/>
</dict>
</plist>

3 REPLIES 3

YanW
Contributor III

THIS?

RhineMar
New Contributor

Thank you!

Guess I should reference this instead of trying to build my own.

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Jamfs "error" is pretty useless, it used to tell you exactly what to do.

Either:

• Your XML code is in fact wrong and needs to be corrected.
  • Your XML is in text format and needs to be converted (usually involving uploading a .plist to Jamf).

If you are uploading .mobileconfigs to Jamf for a Payload that Jamf does not have in the GUI, the Jamf Console will only display the general tab and nothing else. You can verify the contents on the Configuration Profile on the device. If you are uploading .mobileconfigs, make sure to sign them so Jamf does not screw with the contents which Jamf loves to do when it does not recognize the Payloads.