how can we lockdown ipad to only certain pages??

denice_clapper
Contributor

Is there a way to manage(lockdown) the ipad so that the student is only allowed to access google classroom and the school webpage?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

denice_clapper
Contributor

When I go into configuration profile it says content filter but there are no buttons for me to click on....

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

thejenbot
Contributor III

content filter configuration profile - built-in: specific websites only?

Sichas
Contributor

Yeah the content filter will get the school webpage portion accomplished. If we're talking about the Google Classroom app (I presume we are) then you can also combine the content filter with a Restriction like so:

f582fb2b95704334bb8c8b503f6a3803

So then the only apps that will display on the iPad are Google Classroom, Safari, and the Settings app. (Can't get rid of Settings)

Not sure if restricting apps like this is more heavy-handed than you're going for, but, it'd get the job done. With this workflow combined with @thejenbot's suggestion, they could ONLY access Classroom and Safari, and when they went to Safari, they could ONLY access the school webpage.

denice_clapper
Contributor

Yes this is what I want!! but, when i go into configuration profiles there's nothing there for me to change??? it says content filter but I cant open it..

thejenbot
Contributor III

you need to configure that payload. when you click on Content Filter you will need to click the "configure" button on the right.

denice_clapper
Contributor

When I go into configuration profile it says content filter but there are no buttons for me to click on....

jared_f
Valued Contributor

@denice.clapper You need to contact whoever runs your Jamf server or someone who has a more elevated access than you. Sounds like your Jamf Pro Admin Account is restricted.