How does MacAdmins compare to MacIT

Dwetzel94
New Contributor

I have been to MacIT twice and I am considering going to MacAdmins instead this year. How many of you have been to both and which do you think has more value?

Things I consider are the session relevancy and networking opportunities.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

talkingmoose

According to John C. Welch, a member of the advisory board for MacIT, IDG has sadly canceled the conference indefinitely. That's not a reflection on the popularity or quality of the conference itself but rather changes within IDG.

John wrote this back in mid January:

https://medium.com/@johncwelch/sometimes-goodbye-is-a-second-chance-233f0f1b7a5f

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

I haven't been to MacIT, but have been to MacAdmins multiple times. It's a good time and you certainly get your money's worth. Lots of great sessions and a lot of knowledgeable people. (Side note: I don't think I've seen a conference have as many session options as they have; this can be a good and a bad thing at times b/c you're stuck having to make a choice aka the paradox of too many choices.) And if you can't attend you can always catch it online when they post the videos on YouTube. Doesn't capture the full experience but it gets you the information for sure.

Josh_Smith
Contributor III

I haven't been to MacIT either, but MacAdmins was fantastic last year. Very relevant, cutting edge and fundamentals. Great networking opportunities too.

tsivonen
New Contributor II

Living on the east coast MacIT is not in my budget. I have gone to two of the local events held in Boston by the same group. It was helpful. I gained a lot of valuable knowledge. As a one day event I don't believe that I can truly compare MacAdmins' four day event. I have only attended last year's MacAdmins conference myself; but everyone there consistently spoke positively about prior conferences.

The MacAdmins Conference last year was the best multi-day conference, of any kind, I've ever attended. The minor glitches, kitchen exhaust comes to mind, are quaint memories amidst the wonderful presentations, delicious meals, fun family friendly evening events, and wonderful opportunities to meet and get to know colleagues in the Mac Admin world.

I'm sure I would find MacIT valuable as I did the local events. The airfare is too much. MacAdmins was very affordable for me, and my family, as we stayed in a KOA cabin. State College was a wonderful vacation with a conference for me. I look forward to this year's.

talkingmoose

According to John C. Welch, a member of the advisory board for MacIT, IDG has sadly canceled the conference indefinitely. That's not a reflection on the popularity or quality of the conference itself but rather changes within IDG.

John wrote this back in mid January:

https://medium.com/@johncwelch/sometimes-goodbye-is-a-second-chance-233f0f1b7a5f

Dwetzel94
New Contributor

Well I guess that answers it. MacIT is no longer happening so I will be looking into the MacDmins conference. Thanks everyone!