Installomator Execution Frequency for App Updates

ntavassoli
New Contributor II

Hello!

What is everyone's take on recommended execution frequency for app updates such as Google Chrome when using installomator?

I see everywhere online states to do Recurring check-in as a trigger and execution frequency as ongoing. 

Wouldn't it make more sense to set the frequency to something like once a week?  That way logs aren't being flooded constantly by installomator reporting the app is already up to date?

2 REPLIES 2

TheAngryYeti
Contributor
Contributor

You may be missing the other half of the equation here - the scope/smart group that would gather computers that have the software listed as out of date to run the policy against. 

If you add the titles you want to watch to patch management it'll index the records and then in a smart group you can leverage the criteria "is not" "Current Version" operator under the patch definition selection.  This way only devices that do not have the current version fall into this grouping and then the policy will run at next check in.

hope this helps out a bit.

ntavassoli
New Contributor II

I got that.  Another thing I have noticed in my tenant is that some devices are not showing accurate inventory records all the time when inventory is updated (or it's not running the update inventory policy).  So sometimes this out-of-date group that I am targeting will still be showing the device as out of date and might do so until the update inventory policy runs.  Which would then cause this installomator policy to run constantly until that inventory is udpated. Currently, I have the inventory policy to run once per day.  Thoughts?