Introducing the Jamf Pro 10 beta program!

bethk
Community Manager
Community Manager

You've waited long enough. So, without further ado, allow me to introduce the Jamf Pro 10 beta.

Jamf Pro 10 brings a whole new experience with an improved interface, patch policies, and an entirely brand new Self Service. The new intuitive design makes it even easier for you to navigate and manage your Apple deployments. Patch policies builds on top of the patch management framework by adding the ability to auto scope patches to devices with out of date software. Plus the new Self Service provides a modern Mac experience for your users, and can now be branded to make it feel like your own app.

If you would like to participate in the beta program, please enroll at the beta homepage on Jamf Nation under My Assets. After enrollment, please reference our Release Notes for a complete listing of what is included in the beta build. Remember, this is a beta release. We strongly encourage that you not install this software in a production environment.

As always, the beta program is operated under non-disclosure, so please do not share any information regarding your testing in any public forum including the non-beta sections of Jamf Nation. Use the Jamf Nation Beta forums or contact Jamf with any questions regarding the beta.

Thank you to all those who participate in the program.

33 REPLIES 33

sparker
New Contributor II

Awesome, looking forward to it!

sepiemoini
Contributor III
Contributor III

HELL YES JAMF!

Wakko
Contributor II

Ding, ding. Put me in coach!

jhbush
Valued Contributor II

@beth.klein looking forward to testing. Please keep us posted when we can download the bits.

Felipe_hernande
New Contributor III

I'll take a piece of that humble pie.

bethk
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jhbush1973 everything is available now. You need to enroll into the beta then you should see the downloads.

Beth K

bradtchapman
Valued Contributor II

optional image ALT text

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@beth.klein Is it possible to get the Jamf Nation account I am posting this from added to the access list for the Jamf Nation Beta forums? I have (or will have) access to the Pro 10 beta downloads via the account my organization has connected to our Jamf Pro license, but I normally use this account when accessing Jamf Nation.

Thanks.

bethk
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sdagley you should be able to enroll into the beta using your Jamf Nation account. That would provide access to beta discussions, release notes, downloads and the ability to spin up a cloud instance.

Beth K

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@beth.klein The problem is this account is my personal account, and has no Jamf assets, so it isn't eligible to join the beta program. I have applied for enrollment in the beta program using the account associated with my organization, which does have an active Jamf Pro license, but that is not the account I would normally use to access Jamf Nation.

bppage
New Contributor II

@beth.klein Is there anyway to test this for customers using Jamf cloud?

bethk
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bppage once you are enrolled you will be given the option to spin up a cloud instance of the beta

bethk
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sdagley you cannot enroll into the beta unless you have assets associated to your account. Sorry.

dgreening
Valued Contributor II

Feedback incoming!

Not applicable

I'll take it for a spin.

mscottblake
Valued Contributor

@beth.klein Is this beta cloud-hosted only or on-premise as well?

bethk
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mscottblake once you are enrolled you can download the installers or create a cloud instance.

Taylor_Armstron
Valued Contributor

awwwwwww yeahhhhhhhh......

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

d17c33ad5fe645f2915847c5d1401774

--
https://donmontalvo.com

bhoumikb
New Contributor III

yessss!! bring it on... :)

cgiordano
Contributor

@beth.klein I have a prod & dev environment in Jamf Cloud, is it possible to have JUST the dev environment enrolled into the beta?

bradtchapman
Valued Contributor II

@cgiordano : enrolling doesn't actually upgrade your environment. You still have to pull the trigger, methinks.

scafide
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @cgiordano,

Thanks for the post. At this time, beta instances are spun up as a blank environment following completing the NDA and requesting a Jamf Cloud beta instance. Your Prod and Dev environments reside outside of this area and at this time and for the foreseeable future we will not be applying beta versions, even by request, onto a production dev environment.

I'll email you directly to get more information on this request.

Thanks!

bradtchapman
Valued Contributor II

Of course, folks with on-premises instances of Jamf are free to install the beta in their dev environment, as we will be doing shortly. :-)

cgiordano
Contributor

@mike.scafide That would be great. It'd be great to play around with the new JSS features prior to release so I know what to expect when it releases. Thanks!

scafide
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cgiordano,

You can sign up for the public beta at any time here on Jamf Nation and select to have a cloud instance spun up for you if desired, once any required documentation is signed and submitted.

Simply click on "My Assets" and then Beta Program.

Thanks!

aseel
New Contributor

Nice ?

Vincent
New Contributor II

Nice Thank you !!

kerouak
Valued Contributor

I AM LOVING the new interface!!!

Just thought I'd mention ;-)

usingya
New Contributor

Please add me. I am new in this place please help.

scafide
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @usingya,

Please follow the directions above in the initial post to complete signing the NDA and you should be good to go.

Thanks!

Dinnerticketboy
New Contributor III

Hi, Please add me to the Beta testing.

bethk
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dinnerticketboy you can enroll at the beta homepage on Jamf Nation under My Assets.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Beth K