iPad pre-stage enrollment error, require credentials is off

tim1
New Contributor

I have a large amount of iPads I am trying to enroll. All of them have already been changed to jamf in apple school manager as the MDM, and the enrollment profile was setup during the training, however, i've suddenly started running into this problem that wasn't happening before. First it happened on just a couple yesterday, and now today it's happening on all of them.

After connecting to wifi and tapping next on remote management, iPads are now suddenly asking me to enter my credentials for my university. I have tried my apple, LDAP, and jamf credentials but none of them work. The "require credentials for enrollment" checkbox is off in pre-stage and were never on. These iPads were previously enrolled in an apple profile manager server and we are erasing them all to move to jamf.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

This is the same problem it seems, but no answer: https://community.jamf.com/t5/jamf-school/error-when-enrolling-ipad/m-p/245610

1 REPLY 1

tim1
New Contributor

Update: i was mistaken when i said that all of them got changed to jamf in apple school manager. apparently only the first group was, however, that still leaves me with a handful of ipads that are not working that are pointing to jamf. Makes me think it is an issue with apple school manager not updating the MDM correctly on some?

any insight would be greatly appreciated.