Jamf connect breaks after Sonoma upgrade.

tdenton
Contributor

Afternoon All

Im aware that you need to run this command /usr/local/bin/authchanger -reset jamfconnect. Normal after a software update to authchanger the jamf connect login window.

This has been configured in a policy since we installed Jamf connect some months ago. However recently its become unreliable.

In the same policy I have restart script which I understand is also required, if no one is logged in the device will restart this doesn't seem that reliable either. While the logs suggest that all is fine the jamf connect window doesn't seem to get reset after a restart.

A few questions 
Aren't these key suppose to stop this from happening, they appear to been ignored?
<key>DisableUpdateWatcher</key>
<true/>
<key>DisableRSRWatcher</key>
<true/>

If policy runs while someone is logged in it seems fine on log out. Is there a different command to run if the machine is at the login screen?

Has anyone else had a similar issues?

Thanks
Tom

3 REPLIES 3

krimkus
New Contributor II

I am seeing the same issue when users update to Sonoma via Self Service. The computer reboots to the macOS login window. 

tdenton
Contributor

This is working curenntly for us https://mostlymac.blog/2020/12/17/enable-jcl-after-os-upgrade/

this would work in normal policy. /usr/local/bin/authchanger -reset -jamfconnect

krimkus
New Contributor II

Thank you. I have this working as well.