Jamf connect encryption

JamfAdmin2
New Contributor II

Hello Everyone, 

I have a question how can i have it setup where a user logins through jamf connect and after login their computer in jamf pro automatically encrypts for example my test mac computer has filevault enabled but it is currently not encrypted in jamf pro 

4 REPLIES 4

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

JAMF Pro is made aware of FileVault Encryption after the device finishes encrypting and checks in. The data is not live, it's based on the condition of the device at its last check in. You can run sudo Jamf recon to force the data to update.

FileVault Encryption - Jamf Pro Documentation 11.1.0 | Jamf

JamfAdmin2
New Contributor II

i see thank you, but i am looking to see if we can have it where i for example login with my orgs creds through jamf connect and after i login it automatically updates my computer information over to jamf pro showing that the computer is encrypted 

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

There is no way to tie FileVault enablement to a JAMF Pro inventory update. All of JAMFs data is as recent as the last time the device checked in. In our environment we have checkins set to every 15 minutes. Devices will run an inventory update every 15 minutes, which will update information like Disk Encryption Status.

When you log in to your device, JAMF Connect does not phone home to JAMF Pro for anything. JAMF Connect will phone to your IDP, but not to JAMF Pro. JAMF Pro is made aware of OS authentication when an inventory update happens and JAMF pulls OS login events from macOS's Unified Logging.

Computer Inventory Information - Jamf Pro Documentation 11.1.0 | Jamf

MatildeGlover
New Contributor

To enable automatic FileVault encryption for users logging in through Jamf Connect, you need to make sure that your Jamf Pro settings have FileVault enabled. After that, you should configure a smart group, create a policy, and set up Jamf Connect login triggers. Before deploying, it's important to test everything in a controlled environment to make sure it works properly.