Jamf Connect License Count/reporting

user-KZDuOjJcga
New Contributor

Hey ya'll, we are about to roll out Jamf Connect to our users and I'm struggling with how to report our progress. 

Currently, we have a policy for the Jamf Connect app in our self service, and I can look at logs to see who ran the policy. My concern is if these logs get flushed. 

Is there a place to see my current Jamf Connect license count, and even better to see which devices are using a license? 

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ashok_A
Contributor

@user-KZDuOjJcga - It is determined by the number of license files you've pushed out via a Configuration Profile. If you have the Configuration Profile Name or Identifier, simply create an Advanced computer search with criteria for either one. Include the criterion for managed devices. The results will display all Managed Mac computers with the Jamf Connect License Profile installed. This approach streamlines the process.

Ashok_A_0-1714751728290.png

Best Regards,
Ashok Amirthalingam
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ashokamirthalingam/

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

How about just running an Advanced Report of "Application Title is Jamf Connect.app". That will show you how many computers have Jamf Connect installed. Which also is the number of computers you should be licensed for. 

Ashok_A
Contributor

@user-KZDuOjJcga - It is determined by the number of license files you've pushed out via a Configuration Profile. If you have the Configuration Profile Name or Identifier, simply create an Advanced computer search with criteria for either one. Include the criterion for managed devices. The results will display all Managed Mac computers with the Jamf Connect License Profile installed. This approach streamlines the process.

Ashok_A_0-1714751728290.png

Best Regards,
Ashok Amirthalingam
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ashokamirthalingam/

yaksha
New Contributor III

Here's how to track your rollout:

Track Installs: Create a custom inventory field to record Jamf Connect installation during deployment. This creates a record of installed devices.

Smart Computers: Build a Smart Computer group that filters for devices with Jamf Connect installed. This gives you a dynamic view of enrolled devices.