Jamf Migrtation into another Jamf

DUSTINPH
New Contributor

Need to migrate our Jamf Pro tenant to another Jamf Pro tenant as our company was acquired. Our current setup includes DEP pre enrolled devices while the other company that acquired us uses DEP not pre enrolled. How can I do this?

6 REPLIES 6

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

Check out Jamf ReEnroller

I recently helped a client set it up to migrate their computers to a new Jamf instance.

Also check out these blog articles:

Migrating macOS Devices from one Jamf Pro instance to another using ReEnroller – Part 1: Setup

Migrating macOS Devices from one Jamf Pro instance to another using ReEnroller – Part 2: Process and...

I was able to use these instructions, along with a lot of testing to get the process working.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@RBlount I'm curious, did you migrate any systems running macOS Big Sur? I see from the History notes that ReEnroller was updated to use device enrollment since Big Sur removes the ability to install profiles using the profiles command, and I was wondering how different the process was from the "old" way.

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

No, the computers were Catalina, so the profiles command worked fine.

It has been a couple of months. ReEnroller has the option to call the DEP process instead of using the profiles command to enroll the computer. If your computers are DEP enrolled, you could try that path. That should work.

user-FIafyaVIJH
New Contributor

Reach out to your TAM and see if they can help out. Jamf PS has a product they wrote in house for this, but it may only be available to certain support customers. Otherwise, you can simply send a QuickAdd from your new Cloud using a policy in your old Cloud. We've done that in the past and it has worked fine (we've migrated well over 3,000 devices from other Jamf instances into a cenral instance). There is no way to get around UAMDM regardless of the method you use. If you have 10.13.4 and higher devices, they will all need to have the new MDM profile approved. Your only option, that I am aware of, would be to send out an enrollment URL to your user population, assuming they are admins on their machines mcdvoice login

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@user-FIafyaVIJH The Jamf ReEnroller tool that @RBlount recommended is the tool that Jamf PS wrote for migrating between Jamf Pro instances.

user-xzpBYSYacB
New Contributor

you can essentially send a QuickAdd from your new Cloud utilizing a strategy in your old Cloud. We've done that previously and it has worked fine we've relocated above and beyond 3,000 gadgets from other Jamf cases into a cenral example. It is highly unlikely to get around UAMDM paying little mind to the strategy you use. In the event that you have 10.13.4 and higher gadgets, they will all have to have the new MDM profile endorsed.