Jamf Pro 10.24.2 - Cloud Upgrade Schedule

Garrett_Denney
New Contributor III

Update: September 23, 2020
Today we are making a new release of Jamf Pro available to resolve issues impacting Volume Purchase Program (VPP) and mobile device management (MDM) functionality, including license assignment errors and hanging MDM commands.

Your instance will be upgraded directly to 10.24.2 during your cloud upgrade window, as outlined below.

///

Hi Jamf Nation,

We are excited to announce that we are prepared to deliver same-day support for Apple's new operating systems as they become available! This release also includes a number of enhancements to user provisioning, enterprise workflows, and security and privacy.

Read the full release notes here.

Garrett

Cloud Upgrade Schedule
Your Jamf Pro server, including any free sandbox environments, will be updated to Jamf Pro 10.24.2 based on your hosted data region below.

Please note: your environment will be upgraded directly to version 10.24.2. Because we know that same-day support for new Apple operating systems is critical, we build Jamf Pro based on Apple’s betas as they become available. As a result, we did not release version 10.24 and are upgrading your environment directly to 10.24.2 to include additional functionality.

Hosted Region Begins Ends
ap-southeast-2 Sept 25 at 1400 UTC Sept 26 at 0000 UTC
ap-northeast-1 Sept 25 at 1500 UTC Sept 25 at 2200 UTC
eu-central-1 Sept 25 at 2200 UTC Sept 26 at 0800 UTC
eu-west-2 Sept 25 at 2300 UTC Sept 26 at 0300 UTC
us-east-1 Sept 26 at 0400 UTC Sept 26 at 1700 UTC
us-east-1 sandbox Sept 26 at 0000 UTC Sept 26 at 0900 UTC
us-west-2 Sept 26 at 0700 UTC Sept 26 at 1200 UTC

Next Steps
Need assistance identifying the Hosted Data Region of your Jamf Cloud instance? Check out this guide to find out how.

If you want to be alerted when your upgrade kicks off, subscribe to updates here.

For information on what’s new in Jamf Pro 10.24.2, please review the release notes.

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ClassicII
Contributor III

@Garrett.Denney

Does 10.24.1 include the Big Sur Enrollment fixes that are currently in 10.24 Beta? Going by the patch notes, I'm guessing no, but wanted to confirm.

View solution in original post

Jerry_Gordon11
New Contributor

So any downtime with this update on tenants?

dshepp33
New Contributor III

Now that there is a .2, do we get that this weekend in cloud?

korzeniowskin
New Contributor II

Can you elaborate a bit on what does and doesn't count as "hanging MDM commands"?

17 REPLIES 17

ClassicII
Contributor III

@Garrett.Denney

Does 10.24.1 include the Big Sur Enrollment fixes that are currently in 10.24 Beta? Going by the patch notes, I'm guessing no, but wanted to confirm.

KatieE
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @ClassicII - We do expect the current Big Sur beta to successfully enroll in Jamf Pro 10.24.1, but we continue to test each beta as it comes. Please join us in our beta forums to let us know your results. Thanks!

ClassicII
Contributor III

Thank you for the confirmation @kenglish !!!

ewinterbourne
New Contributor III

Is Jamf no longer emailing their clients to notify us of upcoming updates? I didn't receive one about this update and am glad that I stumbled across this in time for me to raise the change request at our end.

dng2000
Contributor II

I received the email announcement so I'm good.

ewinterbourne
New Contributor III

Good to know @dng2000 I'll get in touch with jamf -probably a one off

Jerry_Gordon11
New Contributor

So any downtime with this update on tenants?

Garrett_Denney
New Contributor III

Hi @Jerry.Gordon11, yes, there will be downtime during your cloud upgrade window. This is typical with upgrades -- device management will not be impacted.

dshepp33
New Contributor III

Now that there is a .2, do we get that this weekend in cloud?

korzeniowskin
New Contributor II

Can you elaborate a bit on what does and doesn't count as "hanging MDM commands"?

Garrett_Denney
New Contributor III

Hi @dshepp33, yes, all cloud instances will be upgraded directly to 10.24.2 during this weekend's maintenance window.

franton
Valued Contributor III

@dshepp33 I've just had an email to say we will get .2

Garrett_Denney
New Contributor III

Good question @korzeniowskin, sure can. Here is a bit more detail from the release notes:

[PI-008830] Fixed an issue that could cause MDM commands to be delayed if HTTP/2 was enabled for APNs in Jamf Pro 10.24.1. This caused app installation workflows to fail.

Jason33
Contributor III

@Garrett.Denney Any hope this will resolve an issue with 2020 MacBook Air's failing to start Remote Management?

GregE
Contributor

Unable to view device records, Configuration Profiles and Smart Group results since the upgrade. Anyone else?
Edit: Resolved by restarting Tomcat on the Cloud server.

SBDJAMFADMIN
New Contributor

Will we need to push a new JAMF binary to the masses?

franton
Valued Contributor III

@SBDJAMFADMIN No. Jamf is very good at updating itself.