Jamf support

danlaw777
Contributor III

just tried connecting to Jamf support, the guy that was connected tried to tell me that "many users are unaware of the Jamf status" page........

@jamfplease, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD....get your support team some better training!!!!!!!

6 REPLIES 6

howie_isaacks
Valued Contributor II

What do they need to train on? Not telling people about the status page? Or was it just the way that they said this to you? I guess I would be annoyed if I called to get a problem fixed and someone there told me I should have looked at the status page first. I have had overwhelmingly positive experiences with Jamf support. They are the best support that I have ever received from any vendor. I used to think AppleCare was great, but lately they're not so great unless you're talking to Apple's enterprise support people.

just the way they said it.  all of the Jamf admins i know KNOW about the Jamf status page, as well as knowing about the knowledge base articles and training videos. I am MORE than convinced that the 1st line of support has little to NO knowledge of their own product and only know how to point people in that direction or open a case.....I've been an admin for  years now, much shorter than a lot of folks here, and id bet dollars to donuts that they know all about those resources as well as checking them BEFORE reaching out to Jamf support.....

howie_isaacks
Valued Contributor II

I can understand that. I have called Jamf support very frustrated about something that was not working as it should. I know that I have on occasion not been satisfied with what I hear from them. After years of working behind the Genius Bar at Apple, I learned that the way we say something to a customer is just as important as the information we give them. I avoided certain words and phrases that would likely make the customer even more angry or frustrated. Maybe Jamf support needs to get that training 😁

mark_lynch
New Contributor III

@danlaw777 wrote:

MORE than convinced that the 1st line of support has little to NO knowledge of their own product

They could run circles around people paid two or three times more than them. That's speaking as an ex-Jamf who now makes two or three times more than them. 😊

@danlaw777 wrote:

id bet dollars to donuts that they know all about those resources as well as checking them BEFORE reaching out to Jamf support

Just like our own users, you would be surprised at how many don't check status pages before creating a case.

-
All of that being said, Jamf could do more to put information where it's needed. Hiding PI's behind closed doors, not updating status pages as promptly as they could, and not fracturing information between so many different places (such as not posting upgrade schedules on a forum...). The information is fractured at best, and the integrity of how up to date the information is often at question. So even for those of us who do know to check the status page, it might not even be up to date or have any useful information so why bother?

carolpominville
New Contributor

Where does one go to find Jamf Support? I am looking in my Jamf Nation, don't see it, looking in Jamf Account, don't see it...!!???

Try support.jamf.com . You'll log in with your Jamf ID there as well.