JDS update?

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

Our JDS is on 9.21, when I run the JDS installer for 9.22, it wants me to re-enroll...
Is that normal? Will the JDS 9.22 replicate to all the child DSs?

6 REPLIES 6

Rosko
Contributor II
Contributor II

You shouldn't have to run the installer. It should actually get the updated binary from the JSS when it does a policy update. But if you don't want to wait, yes it will ask you to re-enroll which is what we did.

As far as replication it will remain the same. When we upgraded from 9.2 to 9.21 the master remained the master and so forth when upgrading/re-installing the JDS package.

eric_hutter
New Contributor

Hey guys,

The JDS binary is actually never updated without running the installer. There are a couple of reason for this, but the one that mostly applies here is that some of the logic in the installers can be important on upgrade.

As for the re-enroll prompt, the installers don't actually check to see in the JDS is already installed, but are written to be non-destructive to existing JDS installs. So you shouldn't have any need to re enroll. If you do re-enroll, the only thing that you may actually notice as different is that the web dav accounts are changed back to the defaults with randomly generated passwords.

Rosko
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks Eric, I was told by our rep it was supposed too, so good to know! :)

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

I ran the installer pkg yesterday, but the JSS still shows the jamfds binary version @ 9.21.

michaelhusar
Contributor II

I did run the JDS.run on my Ubuntu - still the old version in JSS.
Any news on how to?
Thank you!

christopher_kac
New Contributor II

I thought I have to update the JDS as well but at JDS Enrollment it says always "Invalid JSS user account". But the credentials provided are correct ...
No I read that a update is not necessary ... I keep it like it is for now ...

JSS:
Version 9.8.1
CentOS 7.1

JDS:
Version 9.65
OS X 10.9.5
43f146bed3e74fd1a087715e629f5d86