Long log-ins for guest session on Shared iPads for iPadOS 17.4 and 17.4.1?

kbreed27
Contributor

Since updating some of our iPads to iPadOS 17.4 I've noticed guest sessions on Shared iPads taking nearly a full 3 minutes to login. On iPadOS 17.3.1 and older, guest sessions log in and are good to go in about 15-20 seconds. 

Has anyone else observed this behavior? 

5 REPLIES 5

bfrench
Contributor III

Our Shared iPads are still on iPadOS 16 and we see that on some devices.  I'm not sure if they are installing app updates when this is happening.  

We are also not able to update our Shared iPads without wiping and updating.

Wolfgang
New Contributor

We have exactly the same problem. With iOS 16 it takes about 18 seconds with iOS 17 over 2 minutes. I have the problem at several schools and only iPads in shared mode. Does anyone know a solution?

I have an engineer ticket with Apple Care opened for this issue and it has sat there for weeks with no updates. Even when I reach out for updates I'm getting nothing. Tried the 17.5 beta and it made no difference. I'm guessing this won't get fixed until the next version of iPadOS, if ever. 

Thanks for the tip about the beta version. Which beta version did you test? I have now also done a test with the 17.5 beta 4. This seems to have fixed the problem.