Looking for JSON/ Plist to force a setting

lewissav
New Contributor II

Hi again,

I have solved my previous issue - now just wondering if there is a json or plist file which I can use to force this highlighted setting to be toggled 'On' by default for all users by default.

I have looked in the general settings on the configuration profile and not been able to find anything related to this.

Many thanks again for any suggestions!Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 10.47.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@lewissav That setting is stored as a per user setting in ~/Library/Preferences/.GlobalPreferences.plist as NSQuitAlwaysKeepsWindows key (turning on that option in the GUI sets the value for that key to false)

Here's the .plist to use for an Applications & Custom Settings payload in a User Level Configuration Profile for the .GlobalPreferences preferences domain

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>NSQuitAlwaysKeepsWindows</key>
	<false/>
</dict>
</plist>

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@lewissav That setting is stored as a per user setting in ~/Library/Preferences/.GlobalPreferences.plist as NSQuitAlwaysKeepsWindows key (turning on that option in the GUI sets the value for that key to false)

Here's the .plist to use for an Applications & Custom Settings payload in a User Level Configuration Profile for the .GlobalPreferences preferences domain

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>NSQuitAlwaysKeepsWindows</key>
	<false/>
</dict>
</plist>

lewissav
New Contributor II

Thank you so much.

So the domain is simply com.apple.GlobalPreferences and then this should be set at user level?

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

The domain should just be .GlobalPreferences, and yes, User Level

Thank you, you made my day :)