Mac Apps set to "Install automatically" Not installing on User-enrolled devices

sassywookie
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have a lot of mac apps in self service, but some set to install automatically that are used by everyone in the company. This works fine on devices that have gone through automated device enrollment, but when enrolling via user (either URL or email) it does not install these apps.

It does get the self service portal, can download some from there, getting the mdm profile, required policies etc. Just not installing apps automatically. Am I missing something? Does this need to be enabled elsewhere?

6 REPLIES 6

mr_ochie
New Contributor II

We're having this same issue as well, with the same parameters (self enrollment), Jamf catalog apps are scoped correctly, and installs show as "pending" but never install. Apps are set to Install Automatically.

App Store apps show right away.

We haven't started Self Service (yet). 

Helpful nudge to this noob would be greatly appreciated!

hustler
New Contributor

Having the same issue, on both User-enrolled and automated enrolled devices.  I've had to add the apps from "App store" instead of Jamf Catalog, enable them to be installed from Self-Service and assigned the user manually

Automatic install from jamf catalog just not working, not sure about automatic install from App store, only had 1 new user not get the apps so I just applied it for them

mr_ochie
New Contributor II

I put a ticket in to support at lunch, I will share what experience I have when they get back.

Any update?

mr_ochie
New Contributor II

Nope, it has been escalated to Engineering. Suggestion was to temporarily install apps via Policy while it gets sorted. They're on it but it's proving to be a head scratcher.

mr_ochie
New Contributor II

I would suggest putting a ticket in as well.