MacBook fleet with Intel chip freezing aftering being updated to Sonoma 14.1.1

JulieLB
New Contributor II

Hi Hive mind,

I hope someone out there can help me or confirm next steps on this issue.  We have a fleet of 40 MBAs in our 5th grade.  I updated all of these devices to Sonoma 14.1.1.  Now, the teachers are saying that the computers are freezing. This seems to be a problem with the Sonoma update from what I am finding online.  I did find documentation that I may need to disable the mediaanalysisd.  Before attempting to do this on 40 computers (no, they are not in Connect), is there anything any of you have found that works?  The one thing different about these laptops from any of the Faculty devices is that the teachers use Classroom to over see the students desktops.  Classroom is at 2.7 which seems to be the newest level.

I appreciate any insight.

6 REPLIES 6

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

Any anti-virus software you use? Check console logs, see if any 3rd party app or plug-in is causing this.

danlaw777
Contributor III

we have a majority of silicon devices and we're seeing the same thing on 14.1.1

JulieLB
New Contributor II

By chance do you have anything like Apple Classroom running on yours?

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

Yikes. Wonder if 14.2 beta helps?

nope, i have a few running that too and seeing the same thing. so at least not on my end it doesnt help. 

JulieLB
New Contributor II

So what I am seeing so far is that Apple testers didn't test on silicon machines.  At least I would assume that is the case.  Have any of you tried disabling the mediaanalysisd yet?