Microsoft Teams keeps trying to update

SMR1
Contributor III

Just curious if anybody has ran in to this before. We switched our office update pkg to include Teams and we didn't remove the autoupdate portion. Now that we switched to it, we're getting quite a bunch of users where teams doesn't open or when they open it, there is a message at the top(screen shot below). For some of the devices, it's auto-updating to the latest version. I'm doing some testing on my mac that removes all the office/teams files and plists. For some reason, my device is still trying to update Teams. I'm testing with the screenshot below. It looks like it's removing all the files, but not sure why it keeps trying to run the update.

SMR1_0-1686176570734.png

SMR1_1-1686176728399.png

2 REPLIES 2

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Check to make sure nothing is blocking the download itself from Microsofts CDN.

SMR1
Contributor III

Circling back on this. We switched back to deploying Teams as a separate pkg. After it installs and runs the removal script, it looks like it's still trying to download, but fails. Would like to turn off the checking for updates. It's still hit and miss, some Mac's will do the update successfully and some fail. It doesn't matter the OS version. The problem is, when a user sees that failed message, they just keep clicking Try again which adds calls to the service desk.