Most management commands missing

sassywookie
New Contributor II

Hi, we have a MacOS we enrolled via configurator app and now have it in Jamf. It clearly is getting the profile as settings are restricted, user is set up as standard, profiles are there etc. But most management commands are missing. Also can not run any jamf commands, as there is no jamf in usr/local/ at all. I run sudo jamf version and get jamf command not found

This is what management commands looks like for this mac very limited

sassywookie_0-1691714481037.png

while others have more:

sassywookie_1-1691714517358.png

already tried wiping it and reinstalling MacOS as well. No dice

6 REPLIES 6

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@sassywookie Enrolling via Apple Configurator is only for mobile devices like iPhones & iPads. You can't enroll Macs that way.

sassywookie
New Contributor II

Sorry can you elaborate? I have added 5 macs to ABM using configurator app no problem. Then assign Jamf MDM from ABM. On the country select screen you bring up the configurator app and their documentation even says that:

sassywookie_0-1691721753444.png

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

I read your post as you were using Apple Configurator directly to try and enroll a Mac with Jamf Pro and that only works with mobile devices.

If you used Apple Configurator to enroll a Mac to your ABM account, and you then assigned the Mac in ABM to your Jamf Pro MDM, you should be able to to enroll the Mac with your Jamf Pro instance using Automated Device Enrollment. It's not clear in your post how you're trying to enroll, but given that you don't have the jamf binary on the Mac would indicate it did not enroll properly.

sassywookie
New Contributor II

Apologies on confusion. I honestly figured it out at this post https://community.jamf.com/t5/jamf-pro/jamf-command-not-found/m-p/202231#M190953 Apparently you cant have the restriction box of "require admins to install and update apps" in your configuration profile because it breaks the enrollment. 

Now to find out if I can just turn that back on later, or if that feature is completely busted.....

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

Glad you found it. You probably should set things up so that your restrictions Configuration Profile doesn't install until _after_ your enrollment process has completed.

Josipbk
New Contributor

Hi to all, I had the same problem. I'm enrolling  Mac via the link "Companyname".jamfcloud.com/enroll.

The solution that works for me:

1. Use a Terminal command to remove Jamf MDM profile

2. Connect Mac on hotspot ( I think that company network is problem in first sing-in ) 

3. Enroll again via link...