New software updates experience? "Cannot toggle feature. Try again."

kennetha
New Contributor III

We're using cloud and just receiving this generic "Cannot toggle feature. Try again." message when pressing "Use the new experience" button in the new software updates experience page:

Skjermbilde 2023-07-24 kl. 11.07.31.png

Anyone else having the same issue or am I missing something? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kennetha
New Contributor III

Update: SSO was accidentally set on break glass account. Removed that, and Software Updates feature is now available for that account.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

danlaw777
Contributor III

it means your account that you're logged into does not have FULL admin privileges

toggle.png

We had this issue and the red arrows are what we typically use for day to day admin. The green arrows are what we needed to flip that toggle on

kennetha
New Contributor III

My account has Access: Full Access and Privileges: Administrator as your green arrows are suggesting.

If you're cloud hosted you may want to try with your break glass account. There have been cases where even full admin accounts derived from an identity source are not actually able to make some changes (creating prestage customizations in my experience) so if you're using a directory based account for access you may want to try with a local service account. 

Sadly, same issue with break glass account. Just tested. It hangs for a bit (30-45 seconds), and then i'm getting the error above. It's not the end of the world, but would be nice to test before it's becoming mandatory in later releases.

Best to open a case then. 

kennetha
New Contributor III

Update: SSO was accidentally set on break glass account. Removed that, and Software Updates feature is now available for that account.

christina_luis
Contributor

what is a break glass account?

THANK YOU!

awilson2913
New Contributor

I just saw the new software update workflow. Just for clarification what does the message "Enabling this feature will cancel all 253054 in-flight updates." mean? Does it mean that all current pending commands will be cancelled? If it does how catastrophic would that be?