Notification at PreStage Enrollments: CANNOT ADD OR EDIT COMPUTER PRESTAGE ENROLLMENTS

faisj
New Contributor II

Hi everyone, 

I am stuck at this step: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vCzG_Zdelk

untill 04:19 everything is allright. (Server token is uploaded and in: (Settings/global) Automated device enrollment I see the MDM server and also 2 computers assigned.

But when I go to: Devices -> PreStage Enrollments (See 06.48 of the video) I dont see the same. I see: 

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-11-10 om 18.20.46.png

I am new to JAMF Pro and am stuck at this point.

I hope someone can explain why I am unable to do the steps shown in the video.

kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AlexHoffman
New Contributor III

Automated Device Enrollment requires that User Initiated Enrollment on your Jamf Server to be configured. It's counter intuitive, but that's how it works. Settings > Global > User-initiated enrollment and then make sure the check boxes are checked for macOS and iOS to enroll devices. Then your Pre-Stage will work. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AlexHoffman
New Contributor III

Automated Device Enrollment requires that User Initiated Enrollment on your Jamf Server to be configured. It's counter intuitive, but that's how it works. Settings > Global > User-initiated enrollment and then make sure the check boxes are checked for macOS and iOS to enroll devices. Then your Pre-Stage will work. 

faisj
New Contributor II

Thank you so much! It was indeed so counter intuitive that I thought I was doing something wrong. 

Just one more question about this. What would be a best practice for these settings?

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-11-10 om 19.58.55.png