Nudge Launch Agent Configuration Help

healthcareaa
New Contributor III

I am trying to get Nudge rolled out to our users. So far it has been pretty good, although the setup documentation leaves a lot to be desired.

I am wondering how we can customize the LaunchAgent so that it doesn't popup every 30 minutes (default) but instead maybe 6 hours apart. Do I need another Configuration Profile for the Launch Agent itself? Do I need to change my current configuration profile? I read through the documentation 10+ times and didn't get my answer. 

Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 12.30.37 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-10-10 at 12.30.23 PM.png

3 REPLIES 3

mickgrant
Contributor III

You need to create a custom LaunchAgent pkg and use that instead of the default one provided.
here is a tutorial I found that should step you through how to do it - making a custom nudge launch agent 

A_Collins
New Contributor III

You need to change value of elapsedRefreshCycle

That field controls the below: 

The amount of time in seconds Nudge will use as a timer to refresh the user interface if it is not the currently active window. This key is triggered once the `requiredInstallationDate` has expired.

This wouldn't be quite what we are looking to change. We are looking to set the launch of the Nudge app longer than 30 minutes between deferrals.