OneDrive not singing in on Mac

loxford01
New Contributor II

I have added the OneDrive app from App Store via Jamf Pro for our domain networked iMacs. Installation of OneDrive on iMac is successful, however, when trying to log in as a user I keep seeing the error:

OneDrive Files On-Demand didn't start. Please restart your computer and try again. Error code: -1912600610

I have tried all the fixes via terminal commands to enable files on demand, but the error still shows on the iMac. Has anyone experienced this with new iMacs on Sonoma 14.3? Is there another way to get this working?

I have unscoped and rescoped the OneDrive just to make sure but still the same.

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

sayr01
Contributor

have you tried downloading and installing directly from Microsoft site.  

loxford01
New Contributor II

I have tried the download directly from Microsoft, but I still have no luck with the managed Macs. I have tried it on a stand-alone Mac mini and it worked fine leading me to believe it's related to some Jamf policy. 

sayr01
Contributor

I have also deployed OneDrive via JAMF and no issue at all. 

loxford01
New Contributor II

Yes same, deploying OneDrive via JamF is not an issue. The issue is signing into OneDrive as a user on a Mac network and then seeing the error that I mentioned previously, OneDrive Files On-Demand didn't start, which does not allow the OneDrive to sign in and Sync. 

sayr01
Contributor

can you try logging in with a local user account and then signing in? 

loxford01
New Contributor II

I have tried as local admin but still the same error.  Tried all the tricks in this article as well, still seeing the same error. 

https://appletoolbox.com/onedrive-for-mac-not-showing-files-on-demand/

andrew_nicholas
Valued Contributor

Do you have another network you can test with, even temporarily connecting to a phone or other hotspot? We would, and still do, see this occasionally with a number of our remote workers (windows users as well) and when it occurred it was almost always in the same geographic region, often resolving itself after some time. They would all have the same ISP (or service reseller) and similar ISP hardware so our best assumption was that there was something going on upstream at the ISP causing issues.

[Edit] - Please ignore, I was thinking of a different OneDrive issue.

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

I would suggest trying on a different network as other have mentioned. Though, odds are very likely you will need to contact Microsoft for assistance as they made the app and will know how to collect its logging and tell you what the logs mean.

TimMcCarty
New Contributor

We are seeing this in our environment too - removing the JAMF profile resolves the issue - so we are pretty sure it's a policy - just need to figure out which - anyone else resolve this in their environment?

loxford01
New Contributor II

I had some help from JamF support. They found that it was either our proxies policy or extensions policy causing this. Once I disabled the extensions policy it started working. I don't know if it will be the same for anyone else, but I also found that disabling the restrictions policy completely worked, but then I could not narrow down to the exact rule within that policy. 

abailey1
New Contributor II

We have had the same issue but only after installing Windows Defender, I had to remove the scope for " MDATP MDAV System Extensions" This makes OneDrive work again, but breaks Defender.

abailey1
New Contributor II

Has anyonegot anywhere with this? I'm pretty sure I just need a system extension for OneDrive to add to the MDATP MDAV System Extensions list.

I have support open with Microsoft & Jamf but aren't getting anywhere.

abailey1
New Contributor II

I believe we have found our issue, In the MDATP MDAV System Extensions config policy, I had entered the information in the "extensions" tab aswell as the "system Extensions" tab. This was picked up by another team member, I think I had been looking so long I was blind to it. We removed the settings on that tab and it has worked