Contributor

Talk about a BS money grab

7 REPLIES 7

atomczynski
Valued Contributor

Can you elaborate?

sardesm
Contributor
After discontinuing the perpetual licensing model for new customers in 2018, customers enjoyed an improved, streamlined way to purchase and renew Jamf. In the effort to further simplify our offering and to streamline purchasing, we are discontinuing the Jamf Pro perpetual pricing model for existing customers, effective January 1st, 2025.
What does this mean?
•Jamf Pro Perpetual Licenses (PL, Annual Support Agreement (ASA) and Annual Maintenance (AM) are discontinued as of January 1st, 2025.
•Starting January 1st, 2025, affected perpetual seats will begin to be quoted as subscription.
•If you wish to, you can continue to host on premise under subscription offering.
Jamf is committed to your success and will work with you throughout this transition. 
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to your Jamf representative who can assist you.

that why, we go direct to Jamf cloud.

It so sad

sardesm
Contributor

Got this today

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Jamf functionally retired the perpetual licensing model some 6 years ago. I'm honestly impressed they allowed organizations to be grandfathered into an old model this long. If this was Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, Google, etc, you would have been forced over back in 2018.

I'm surprised that Jamf generally offers onsite hosting still. Good luck hosting Intune on site.

bollman
Contributor II

Well. We have no interest in "cloud" for the moment. For Windows, we use MECM so Intune is not a problem.

What is most upsetting, is the price hike of 50%. Sure, sure, everything gets more expensive but come on, 50% is pretty darn steep.

bollman
Contributor II

Also, i recall a JNUC when cloud hosting was pretty new. It was some guy from a bank or insurance company. According to him, cloud is an instant no-go in that business. So, I'm guessing Jamf On-Prem isn't going anywhere soon.