Policy not executing with check-in or custom trigger

karthikeyan_mac
Valued Contributor

I have Ongoing policy with Recurring Check-in and Custom Trigger. Frequency is set to "Ongoing". Device is scoped to policy

sudo jamf policy
sudo jamf policy -id <xxx>
sudo jamf policy -trigger zoom_update
sudo jamf policy -event zoom_update

Any of the above commands does not trigger the policy. It shows "No policies were found for the "zoom_update" trigger."  Any suggestions? Thank you

Screenshot 2022-01-18 at 10.04.19 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

karthikeyan_mac
Valued Contributor

I did not notice the Client-Side Limitations set to Do Not Run Between time range.  Thank you everyone for the input.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

gabe2385
Contributor

Hey @karthikeyan_mac 

Im guessing your scopes are scoped to the computer you are running the command. I always forget to scope the policy that causes that issue. 

Yes the device is scoped. (Edited the post)

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@karthikeyan_mac Your results would indicate something is wrong with your scoping. Try turning off the Recurring Check-in trigger, change the Scope Target to All Computers, and then see if 

sudo jamf policy -event zoom_update

works

If it's all scope correctly I would check if there are any exclusions that is causing that issue. You can also check in the computer Inventory, and check the computer you are testing has the policy listed in the management section. 

karthikeyan_mac
Valued Contributor

I did not notice the Client-Side Limitations set to Do Not Run Between time range.  Thank you everyone for the input.

declure
New Contributor II

One specific issue I ran into was an AD Binding policy wasn't running.  The culprit was the client side limitation requiring me to change "Ethernet" to "Any".  We took Ethernet for granted in the past and never thought to check that setting, but as we've deployed new generations of wi-fi reliant macs in an environment where our AD server is accessible for the wi-fi network - I never thought to update that small setting.