Random lock ups with Yosemite?

jardoin1
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I've been around the block with this one and I can't seem to fix it. There is an issue we are having with AD bound Macs where if a machine is hard booted with a network user logged in. Upon reboot the machine will get stuck halfway through the POST on the boot and just hang there. Has anybody else had this issue, and how did you fix it? I got nothing. The internet has some suggestions but none of them have solved the issue. It appears to be an active directory integration issue, but I have no idea what specifically about it is busted. I'm assuming if everybody with an active directory domain were having thos problem, then it would be fixed by now. Any suggestions or advice (besides changing from AD, management won't have it) is appreciated.

Edit: so 'random' is a bit of a misnomer. This is pretty solidly having this issue on cold boots when an active directory user is logged in.

3 REPLIES 3

Not applicable

Take a read here: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=12589

Supposedly fixed in OSX 10.10.3 beta

jardoin1
New Contributor III

Thanks man. This is a huge PITA. I forgot about that thread. Last I was in it, there were a lot of non-fixing modifications being thrown around and general head scratching. Good to know there is light at the end of this tunnel.

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

The /etc/rc.server workaround seems to work for most folks, but it needs to be pulled when 10.10.3 drops. I believe someone said the 10.10.2 updater deleted it when upgrading from 10.10.1, so this is something that should be tested when 10.10.3 drops...