SCEP Proxy vs ADCS Connector - Whats the difference

unclekev
New Contributor II

Hi

I've been searching around for an answer to this but cant find anything that answers it.

A) Whats the preferred option, Is using the SCEP Proxy preferred over using the ADCS Connector?

B) Is there any functionality difference between the two options once its set up? Or do they perform identical functions

Struggling to figure out what the difference is, and why I would go with one over the other.

I've got an environment where because of the organisations security requirements we need to use ADCS Connector instead of the SCEP Proxy functionality. I just want to make sure that the ADCS connector will provide the same "end state" functionality as using the SCEP proxy.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!
Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

unclekev
New Contributor II

Got the answer in MacAdmins Slack. Posting here for others

my main reason [for ADCS] is if you need multiple certificate templates, SCEP proxy becuase SCEP/NDES only lets you specify 1 template within the registry you can only use 1 template, ADCS Connector supports multiple templates - in terms of functionality and end user experience theres no real different between the two, just comes down to security and org requirements

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

unclekev
New Contributor II

Got the answer in MacAdmins Slack. Posting here for others

my main reason [for ADCS] is if you need multiple certificate templates, SCEP proxy becuase SCEP/NDES only lets you specify 1 template within the registry you can only use 1 template, ADCS Connector supports multiple templates - in terms of functionality and end user experience theres no real different between the two, just comes down to security and org requirements